Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Don’t think that was the only pledge.
    And the suites were sold for a pretty decent amount to offset that outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    And the suites were sold for a pretty decent amount.
    We had to make a 7 year commitment on patio boxes. That’s about $850k just on the boxes at field level

3. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We had to make a 7 year commitment on patio boxes. That’s about $850k just on the boxes at field level
    I know that I will be a voice yelling by myselfbut I am looking at the 2 end zones and the press box side from the girls Saturdaystadium very clean with the double deck looking great except for a madero press boxcould we be putting too much emphasis on a new stadium.btw I would put the Southern/ McNeese games photos against any of our foes’ photos!

4. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I know that I will be a voice yelling by myselfbut I am looking at the 2 end zones and the press box side from the girls Saturdaystadium very clean with the double deck looking great except for a madero press boxcould we be putting too much emphasis on a new stadium.btw I would put the Southern/ McNeese games photos against any of our foes’ photos!
    Can we call them by their name - Mcneese

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    That is correct and they doubled the price almost a week before the season started.

Wasn’t too happy about that!

6. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Can we call them by their name - Mcneese
    thought it is McNeese State?

7. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    thought it is McNeese State?
    Thought we were UL.

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Don’t think that was the only pledge.
    Then why we took out a $12 mill loan with midsouth total cost of the project was 17 mill

9. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Then why we took out a $12 mill loan with midsouth total cost of the project was 17 mill
    Because we had to pay the contractor the whole of the project and only a couple million of the $5,000,000 pledge had been paid at the time. Also, other larger pledges were probably like the Russo one where they were pledged to be made over time. The contractor will not wait over time to be paid.

10. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Because we had to pay the contractor the whole of the project and only a couple million of the $5,000,000 pledge had been paid at the time. Also, other larger pledges were probably like the Russo one where they were pledged to be made over time. The contractor will not wait over time to be paid.
    Makes sense, nah too logical to be true.

So we had 5 mill laying around to pay the contractor while we waited for it to be paid ?

12. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

So we had 5 mill laying around to pay the contractor while we waited for it to be paid ?
    Contractors don't collect everything up front.

13. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

I have no clue what the contractor was paid and when. That is of no moment. The contractor did minimal work and would not really start until a mechanism was put in place to pay the contractor. Thus the late start. Then when Farmer when to put this in place, it was realized that he did not have enough money raised.

The other side of the equation was how the University is going to get the money to pay the loan. That comes from the pledges, sale of suites and loge boxes and revenue to be earned from the facility into the future. Until you understand both sides of the transaction, your posts will continue to be meaningless.

I have no clue what the contractor was paid and when. That is of no moment. The contractor did minimal work and would not really start until a mechanism was put in place to pay the contractor. Thus the late start. Then when Farmer when to put this in place, it was realized that he did not have enough money raised.

The other side of the equation was how the University is going to get the money to pay the loan. That comes from the pledges, sale of suites and loge boxes and revenue to be earned from the facility into the future. Until you understand both sides of the transaction, your posts will continue to be meaningless.
    What I'm getting at is we keeping falling back on well suites and boxes will pay off the loan well same for football stadium just that $12 mill loan could jump start a project that drives the bus in college athletes

15. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

What I'm getting at is we keeping falling back on well suites and boxes will pay off the loan well same for football stadium just that $12 mill loan could jump start a project that drives the bus in college athletes
    I have absolutely no clue what you are saying here.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information