Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Any updates on Cajun Field renovations?
    Check back in about 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's my personal opinion that total demo & rebuild should be the route we take. I am not in favor of spending $40-50 million to renovate when we can have a spanking new facility for $80-90 Mil. I realize all the variables (economy/TV contract/Napier tenure/etc) but purely from a financial standpoint, (and from a PR standpoint - You can sell the schlt out of a brand new stadium; You know how Acadiana loves something new) it makes more sense to start over. Look at all the hassle that went into the first phase of the Tigue. Sifting through all of that infrastructure. Time/money/frustration.
    The thing about Tigue Moore Field in my opinion it was not Renovated like many say, it was completed demolish and built from the ground up. They did add to the back end of the bleachers, but the main stadium is completely new. Now the football stadium, by the looks of it they might have to pay under the table to bypass some codes. The thing has seen it's last days as it stands. Cracks, falling concret, etc. A death trap. If it's a sell out no upper deck for me, nor top rows of the bottom seation. Maybe student side or end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We don’t need anything more than 35k, I’d be happy with 30k-32k. If you tear down the upper deck and get everything else to code, I think the NEZ would have to be bowled in to get to 32-35.depending how long the press box suite structure runs.
    An analysis: If a newly married couple with no children, but plan to have children, has plans to build their DREAM HOME, would you think their plans would be, (1) bedroom (1) bath. Notice I said dream home.May said their dream for our football team is to play with the big boy in the future.not in a glorified high school stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    An analysis: If a newly married couple with no children, but plan to have children, has plans to build their DREAM HOME, would you think their plans would be, (1) bedroom (1) bath. Notice I said dream home.May said their dream for our football team is to play with the big boy in the future.not in a glorified high school stadium
    In the future, fewer and fewer people will be going to football games. Everyone can watch them in the palm of their hands. Only need a small, NICE stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    In the future, fewer and fewer people will be going to football games. Everyone can watch them in the palm of their hands. Only need a small, NICE stadium
    30k stadium with room to expand if needed. We will soon see a regional conference could bring in more fans

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Exactly my point,

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    30k stadium with room to expand if needed. We will soon see a regional conference could bring in more fans
    How confident are you this regional conference will come about. I am still very skeptical that enough egos will be put aside to allow this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    How confident are you this regional conference will come about. I am still very skeptical that enough egos will be put aside to allow this to happen.
    College football is a powder keg ready to go off all it takes is one team moving

Presidents know only way to survive is to lower operations cost

Renovations will not happen in our lifetime

You are correct. Missed the money boat about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You are correct. Missed the money boat about 10 years ago.
    I keep hoping the admins can pull a rabbit out of their hats, but the money boat is not the same as it was 5 + years ago in the lafayette area

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Renovations will not happen in our lifetime
    Unfortunately I think you are right. Wish we would have did the tower first instead of south EZ seating. But understand why they did at the time.

At this point, having the place officially condemned might be what we need to move forward.

Let's say modernizing Cajun Field takes upwards of $50MM. How much fundraising or pledges are needed in advance of moving forward? 20% or even 30% of the total project?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Let's say modernizing Cajun Field takes upwards of $50MM. How much fundraising or pledges are needed in advance of moving forward? 20% or even 30% of the total project?
    Much much more than that

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information