Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Abundant Permian Basin oil that can be produced on the cheap really makes offshore oil (especially deep water wells) uncommercial. The environmental risk on land wells is also so much lower. This will not change, but there is a slim chance that recently proposed royalty relief legislation on shelf production will be enacted. I do not think this is going to create a drilling boom but it might stimulate some drilling and workovers.

2. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    12% severance tax is killing Louisiana. The lawsuits were a cost of doing business when oil was $75+ a barrel.
    TAX & SUE

That really looks like a recipe by the state for bringing in and encouraging business to Louisiana.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Abundant Permian Basin oil that can be produced on the cheap really makes offshore oil (especially deep water wells) uncommercial. The environmental risk on land wells is also so much lower. This will not change, but there is a slim chance that recently proposed royalty relief legislation on shelf production will be enacted. I do not think this is going to create a drilling boom but it might stimulate some drilling and workovers.
    Where we have the advantage is the ability to transport the product. There is nothing in the Permian Basin even close to what LA has to offer regarding pipeline infrastructure. It's very expensive to move product. Right now, there is a glut, but there is a shale Armageddon coming in the next 2-3 years. I don't want to get to deep in the weeds, but LA would cut the damn BS, lower severance tax, cut back on some bogus regulations and stop giving such gigantic tax breaks to large O&G companies operating in geographically ideal positions, LA could see a significant bump in industry returning. Technology has become so efficient during the last decade that drilling the Austin Chalk is now a cake walk. There is a reason why EOG, Marathon, Conocco Phillips, etc are scooping up lease land as of 2016.

It's not dead yet, but it's certainly on life support.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I don’t think a $1 Tree or a sCENT Bush will get us there.
    Obviously you didn't read the 1st paragraph of my post.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I don’t think she can read.

The development team that is interested in doing the work is very far removed from Lafayette.

And downtown spending goes a lot deeper than just misappropriated funds; you know that. Purely political and the people making those decisions are mostly in it for personal gain. Including redistricting. Our stadium & entertainment district need to be handled by capitalists; not bureaucratic eunuchs. Separate RCAF from the Foundation NOW!
    Eunuchs ?? Somebody was reading some Old Testament or Oriental History. Either way, I approve.

Where we have the advantage is the ability to transport the product. There is nothing in the Permian Basin even close to what LA has to offer regarding pipeline infrastructure. It’s very expensive to move product. Right now, there is a glut, but there is a FRAC Armageddon coming in the next 2-3 years. I don’t want to get to deep in the weeds, but LA would cut the damn BS, lower severance tax, cut back on some bogus regulations and stop giving such gigantic tax breaks to large O&G companies operating in geographically ideal positions, LA could see a significant bump in industry returning. Technology has become so efficient during the last decade that drilling the Austin Chalk is now a cake walk. There is a reason why EOG, Marathon, Conocco Phillips, etc are scooping up lease land as of 2016.

It’s not dead yet, but it’s certainly on life support.
    Another round of JBE and ___ will get real bad

8. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

My post stands even more pertinent and accurate. Learn to write what you mean if it was something different than what you posted. Might work out better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    My post stands even more pertinent and accurate. Learn to write what you mean if it was something different than what you posted. Might work out better for you.
    Yeah, ok.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Another round of JBE and ___ will get real bad
    Dlque?

Oh nevermind, I Gotchya.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I feel like the cajundome has had more events in the last 6 months than the last 6 years
    I agree. It definitely seems that way

We all know what changed

12. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Announce a plan, show the renderings, quote the price tag, ask for donations and keep a visible display of where we stand regularly. If people see progress they are more likely to donate more frequently even if small amounts.

Why can't we ask to donate at concessions like every other store does for MDA, children's hospital, or whatever other item they are looking to collect for? Seems like I can't buy anything these days without asking for a donation. Quarters ultimately lead up to dollars.
    This is brilliant.

Not because it solves the puzzle, rather it makes the puzzle solvable.

Every aspect of fundraising is a piece of the puzzle.

Just like with recruiting, you can't afford your first HOW pitch to need explanations all 6 of the W's.

Who, What, Where, Why, When and Win.

The brilliance of your idea is that it keeps the project top of mind, while simultaneously solving one piece of the puzzle. Awareness

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is brilliant.

Just like with recruiting, you can't afford your first HOW pitch to need explanations all 6 of the W's.

The brilliance of your idea is that it keeps the project top of mind, while simultaneously solving one piece of the puzzle. Awareness

jmo
    To go a step further, my kids school always have local restaurant nights that donate a portion of profits back to the school. Surely we can ask our supporters for 1-2 days/year to help in this capacity. While these programs alone won't fund a new stadium I think it should just be one of the many avenues the university should have planned to get the needed funds.

Example: If Pete's announced that for all away football games they will donate 5% of proceeds back to UL on purchases in the restaurant. I would have to think that more people would show up, hopefully buy more and know that they are making a donation to a cause they support without writing a big check. It's easier for many people to give a little bit more often than a larger sum just once.

12% severance tax is killing Louisiana. The lawsuits were a cost of doing business when oil was $75+ a barrel.
    So that would be a "yes" for amendment 1?

15. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is brilliant.

jmo
    Where in the hell did my brilliant post go?

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread Information