Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Bobby Giles appears to be in a giving mood.maybe he needs to be hit up for a few cool million.

2. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Bobby Giles appears to be in a giving mood.maybe he needs to be hit up for a few cool million.
    Maybe there is a positive to the car show. Let’s get a bid matching war between all the local auto hot shots - Giles, Hargroder, Moss, Luquette, Hampton, . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Maybe there is a positive to the car show. Let’s get a bid matching war between all the local auto hot shots - Giles, Hargroder, Moss, Luquette, Hampton, . . .
    I know one things for certain.Moss would be ideal one to organize a facelift for Cajun Field.

I know one things for certain.Moss would be ideal one to organize a facelift for Cajun Field.
    I see what you did there. ha ha

5. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Sorry for all the post and coming off sounding like an _______, but those that know me well know that I am an _______. This has been some great dialogue/ideas and I am not trying to crush that conversation. We need to be realistic with the amount of money we can raise and know that our athletic department is in very, very good hands with Dr. Maggard. He thinks outside of the box.
    Great projects deserve great names. It helps them move along.

Did you hear the name of Tesla's Porsche beater track project?

6. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Fat thumbs on mobile. Did not mean to close thread.

7. Default Re: UL has big decision to make on Cajun Field renovation

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    You know I love Acadiana and I plan on retiring there in the next year or so. Having said that, Lafayette is a small city that just does not have enough business or industry. Offshore oil drilling is done as long as $55
    a barrel oil is the rule. The Hospital industry is good but I suspect it will not continue to expand and really what else is there? Lafayette just does not have the infrastructure to attract new large employers. I live in the DFW metroplex and new businesses are moving here all of the time. The reasons are low taxes, DFW airport, Alliance International Freight Airport, fantastic schools for employees kids, entertainment options, (I.E.Broadway type show, Opera, Texas World Speedway etc
    ) and I could go on and on. As a frequent visitor to Lafayette it amazes me how difficult it is to get around town for small city. I am not trying to be a downer, but I do not think some people realize the challenges that are faced in terms of attracting business and jobs to Lafayette; hence the difficult job the fund raisers have trying to raise the likes of 60 million dollars. I hope it can be done but it will not be a cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination
    Well said Fish, my son moved to Plano at the end of March. My daughter will be moving to Conroe, Tx. next summer after graduating from UL this past spring. The sign on bonuses and salaries are just better for both in Texas. The Lafayette recovery has been very slow after losing a large number of jobs and tax revenue in the past 5 years or more. The money for facilities will not come from any local business, we need corporate money and partnership. Until those relationships are built, we can only proceed with bond money, provided the seed money is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Was wondering.

Meanwhile, here's what ~180 million would get us.

https://uabsports.com/news/2019/9/18.ign-plans.aspx

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit.ion_091819.pdf

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well said Fish, my son moved to Plano at the end of March. My daughter will be moving to Conroe, Tx. next summer after graduating from UL this past spring. The sign on bonuses and salaries are just better for both in Texas. The Lafayette recovery has been very slow after losing a large number of jobs and tax revenue in the past 5 years or more. The money for facilities will not come from any local business, we need corporate money and partnership. Until those relationships are built, we can only proceed with bond money, provided the seed money is in place.
    Should’ve hit up Wait’r before everyone started jumping ship.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I honestly think we can have that with the current setup of Cajun Field, We would come out cheaper if we would just replace the top deck with a smaller, better, top deck. We just need to provide some of the amenities that a soccer stadium has. Overtime bring everything to code and up to date.

I do love the press box and upper deck, to me that is what is needed at Cajun Field.

Should've hit up Wait'r before everyone started jumping ship.
    I'm glad we didn't, that's a SINKING ship. Competition and the novelty of ordering two designer coffees from CC's gets a little pricey after awhile. No joke, go sit in a CC's on a Saturday morning and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Offshore oil drilling is done as long as $55 a barrel oil is the rule.
    It can be $100 a barrel and nobody will drill in Louisiana unless a nation emergency breaks out. The encouragement of legacy lawsuits on the behalf of local governments against the O&G industry is killing Louisiana. It's like watching the 80's in slow motion.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It can be $100 a barrel and nobody will drill in Louisiana unless a nation emergency breaks out. The encouragement of legacy lawsuits on the behalf of local governments against the O&G industry is killing Louisiana. It's like watching the 80's in slow motion.
    12% severance tax is killing Louisiana. The lawsuits were a cost of doing business when oil was $75+ a barrel.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information