Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Remember when everyone was saying Deggs was the next hot shot coachhe missed the post season again this year
    Looks like TCU gonna miss it 2 years in a row after 4 straight CWS.their guy must have forgot how to coach too

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Looks like TCU gonna miss it 2 years in a row after 4 straight CWS.their guy must have forgot how to coach too
    TCU got in, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    TCU got in, try again.
    Funny you didn’t call it before, another captain hindsight.nobody had them getting in. It was in the hands of the committee.

Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

The selection committee is one of the the mysteries of the world. Can’t believe they got in.

Funny you didn’t call it before, another captain hindsight.nobody had them getting in. It was in the hands of the committee.
    But they have a CF who has a good BA.doesn’t matter that they had a bad season for their standards.

Didn’t come here to make predictions like you. Clearly they did something to impress the committee and that’s what matters. Let’s get this program back to the days of the committee noticing this program for an at large instead of “4 days in May” approach that we’ve come to expect.

7. Default

Funny you didn't call it before, another captain hindsight.nobody had them getting in. It was in the hands of the committee.
    https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/st.849893378?s=21

8. Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

Sad to see Texas St got hosed. Bad for our league. BYU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Didn’t come here to make predictions like you. Clearly they did something to impress the committee and that’s what matters. Let’s get this program back to the days of the committee noticing this program for an at large instead of “4 days in May” approach that we’ve come to expect.
    They didn’t do it, bring the 2nd rated conference had them getting 5 teams in.

It’s funny Ray Tanner made the case for TCU saying they had some injuries but they were getting healthy. To meet that shouldn’t mean anything.

11. Default Re: Maggard Has Confidence in Robichaux

And even with the losing season, Cajuns had a winning record against Tourney teams Went 6-5. (LMU, McN, Sou Miss, LSU, and Coastal).

It really really blows not being a part of selection Sunday. again.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I believe if the baseball program continues its downward spiral Robe will gracefully step down after next seasonjust hope that Maggard has been around long enough to realize Babbs is not the next man for the job.
    I can nearly guArantee that Robe will not step down in a tailspin. One of the man’s core principles is to leave something better than you found it. After the 2012 season, at the last diamond club meeting he was fighting tears while making that point. At that time, he said he would “fix it- whatever it takes”. He would fix it. There was only about 20 people there, but I think everyone in that room KNEW without a doubt that he would and his passion for this program was stronger than ever, after his worst season coaching here. He think he’d only voluntarily step down if he’s handing over the keys to a Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    I can nearly guArantee that Robe will not step down in a tailspin. One of the man’s core principles is to leave something better than you found it. After the 2012 season, at the last diamond club meeting he was fighting tears while making that point. At that time, he said he would “fix it- whatever it takes”. He would fix it. There was only about 20 people there, but I think everyone in that room KNEW without a doubt that he would and his passion for this program was stronger than ever, after his worst season coaching here. He think he’d only voluntarily step down if he’s handing over the keys to a Cadillac.
    And he will fix it this time too

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Was that also the meeting that Farmer stood up and said they were raising money for the stadium renovations? I remember Coach Rob got emotional at that particular meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Was that also the meeting that Farmer stood up and said they were raising money for the stadium renovations? I remember Coach Rob got emotional at that particular meeting.
    I think that was the same meeting. That was the "first time" they were suppose to start a new stadium at the end of the season, as we had been told for several months. I always thought that Robe was tired of repeating what he had been told and being made a liar. At which point he said to SF "You come tell them what is going on".

Bottom line is this: I think the second half of the season showed that our hitting is on an uptick, and if pitching is the problem, I have NO DOUBT it will get fixed. Without bashing anyone and naming names, we have seen Robe correct recruiting in a very private and respectable manner. I hope he gets it done again, however he sees fit to get it fixed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information