Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SB Regional G2 Final: UL 1, Ole Miss 5

Default Re: Cajuns vs Ole Miss round 2

I'm not a coach nor do I pretend to be. Glasco knows his team and the best course of action. Even if I disagree, he probably knows what's going on with his players to a level I can only guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I told my wife to enjoy that day because "these are the good old days".
    exactly; get beat by ole miss the next weekend, and nothing to get excited about since.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We really had tons of momentum going when Summer was pulled.
    I’m done discussing it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If he wouldn’t have pulled summer at that point. No one would have said a damn thing. And if it were 2-1 right now we would all be expecting to comeback and win this game.
    And if we didn’t, it’s the exact worse case scenario that Coach gave in his interview.

If we don’t win this regional, I don’t want to Monday morning QB it afterwards. That’s why I gave my opinion during the game. I’m not trying to derail the game thread. I’m ready to move on. Some here feel like they need to enlighten me.

If he wouldn’t have pulled summer at that point. No one would have said a damn thing. And if it were 2-1 right now we would all be expecting to comeback and win this game.
    Really nice job by Lamb so far. Wish we could give her some support at the plate.

Jacob81, I completely get your point of view. I just think that the way coach is doing it is probably the “by the book” strategy.

You can champion coaches for successful gut feeing decisions but it’s hard to criticize “by the book” and playing percentages.

7. Default Re: Cajuns vs Ole Miss round 2

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Coach had a predetermined strategy of removing Summer if they got behind. It's a sound strategy. It happened. He did it.

The man deserves the benefit of the doubt. Can we at least see how it turns out before criticizing the decision? (I realize I'm talking to one person here)

As of right now, we'd be losing 2-1 (assuming ole miss got nothing else) and completely burning Summer up. It's looks like a genius move at this point.
    In addition to your acknowledgement that Ole Miss might have scored more than two runs off of Summer . I do not think you can necessarily assume that had Summer stayed in a 2-0 game that we would have scored that one run the next inning. The reason . when you are up 5-0 (as Ole Miss was), sometimes defenses and pitchers have a tendency to relax a bit . and sometimes pitchers challenge more. Had Ole Miss only been up 2-0 entering the bottom of the inning, it is possible that a more determined focus would have kept the Cajuns off of the scoreboard. The bottom line . we will never know as the situation was different.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Really nice job by Lamb so far. Wish we could give her some support at the plate.
    This. Lamb did a really nice job of keeping us in the game. And keeping their pitcher in it as well

A three pitch strikeout by Hudek. Somebody step up. Even though she did not swing there

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    In addition to your acknowledgement that Ole Miss might have scored more than two runs off of Summer . I do not think you can necessarily assume that had Summer stayed in a 2-0 game that we would have scored that one run the next inning. The reason . when you are up 5-0 (as Ole Miss was), sometimes defenses and pitchers have a tendency to relax a bit . and sometimes pitchers challenge more. Had Ole Miss only been up 2-0 entering the bottom of the inning, it is possible that a more determined focus would have kept the Cajuns off of the scoreboard. The bottom line . we will never know as the situation was different.

Brian
    Brian
    Do you think Jacobsen will be done after this game. I would assume we don’t want to see her again.

11. Default Re: Cajuns vs Ole Miss round 2

Anyone know how many innings Jacobsen has thrown in the regional? Is she going to go in a 2nd game?
    Jacobsen has thrown all innings vs. the Cajuns . and only the Cajuns. First game was 7 innings and 88 pitches.

Forcing Ole Miss to keep her in this game has two benefits. #1 She is throwing more pitches and will be less rested/less sharp for a potential second game. #2 The Cajun hitters are seeing more pitches and have more chances to solve her. Her changeup has been the difference.

Brian

Two strikeouts with two on and no outs

Did our baseball team switch offenses with our softball team midseason

Ok. Wasn’t sure if she pitched in any other games. So she could go. We’re seeing her better but the change is killing us.

Can tie with one swing

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information