Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

1. Default Re: Other Softball action

As long as they’re improving instead of us going back like baseball has.

Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    As long as they’re improving instead of us going back like baseball has.
    USA has slipped badly. TxSt needs to find another Randi Rupp, and with Cat Osterman as pitching coach, they should be able to do so. Troy and Coastal are on the upswing. I believe this year was a temporary setback for the conference, not the harbinger of a downward trend

3. Default Re: Other Softball action

time to turn to baseball?

but a softball tie, looks like ncaa corrected their mistake,it appears in baseball ncaa wont make any sec hosts go to a non-sec hosted super regional

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    time to turn to baseball?

but a softball tie, looks like ncaa corrected their mistake,it appears in baseball ncaa wont make any sec hosts go to a non-sec hosted super regional
    We, both as a university and as a conference, are in a MUCH better position in softball than in baseball, at least for now.

UL Softball Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    USA has slipped badly. TxSt needs to find another Randi Rupp, and with Cat Osterman as pitching coach, they should be able to do so. Troy and Coastal are on the upswing. I believe this year was a temporary setback for the conference, not the harbinger of a downward trend
    South Alabama began their downward trend when Becky Clark did not get the Auburn job and Haley ___an and Chloe Rathbun transferred to Auburn and Missouri respectively. She has apparently lost interest in being in Mobile and I expect the Jaguars will be mediocre to bad until the administration figures that out.

Cat Osterman has been in San Marcos for 5 years now. They should be getting pitchers the quality of Randi Rupp or better every season. If Ricci Woodard can't recruit the state of Texas with the legend of Cat Osterman on her staff, I foresee 2018 being the pinnacle of her career.

Troy has been middle of the pack or better for most of their Sun Belt tenure. They need to start beating some of the quality opponents they are able to put on their schedule (Alabama, Florida State, etc.). And they are capable of doing so. Once they start doing it, they become the next Sun Belt post season threat.

Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina are the next big things in the conference. Shelby Hoerner (App) and Kelley Green (CC) have had successful careers and should continue to move up in the conference as long as they stay hungry for success and smart in their approach.

I have no opinion on what's going to happen with Georgia Southern, Georgia State and Texas-Arlington. They certainly have the foundations to be good programs (not great), but they need to work towards a higher level of consistency.

The Sun Belt is in position to be one of the top 6 conferences every season, occasionally even top 3 or 4. When it is, multiple bids, even multiple hosting spots, will not be a problem.

UL Softball Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    South Alabama began their downward trend when Becky Clark did not get the Auburn job and Haley ___an and Chloe Rathbun transferred to Auburn and Missouri respectively. She has apparently lost interest in being in Mobile and I expect the Jaguars will be mediocre to bad until the administration figures that out.

Cat Osterman has been in San Marcos for 5 years now. They should be getting pitchers the quality of Randi Rupp or better every season. If Ricci Woodard can't recruit the state of Texas with the legend of Cat Osterman on her staff, I foresee 2018 being the pinnacle of her career.

Troy has been middle of the pack or better for most of their Sun Belt tenure. They need to start beating some of the quality opponents they are able to put on their schedule (Alabama, Florida State, etc.). And they are capable of doing so. Once they start doing it, they become the next Sun Belt post season threat.

Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina are the next big things in the conference. Shelby Hoerner (App) and Kelley Green (CC) have had successful careers and should continue to move up in the conference as long as they stay hungry for success and smart in their approach.

I have no opinion on what's going to happen with Georgia Southern, Georgia State and Texas-Arlington. They certainly have the foundations to be good programs (not great), but they need to work towards a higher level of consistency.

The Sun Belt is in position to be one of the top 6 conferences every season, occasionally even top 3 or 4. When it is, multiple bids, even multiple hosting spots, will not be a problem.
    We don't necessarily need any of these programs to be consistently top 25 RPI, but we do need at least one of them to reach that level every year. We also need them all to establish an RPI floor of 75 or better, and the bottom of the conference to be no worse than RPI 150.
    If they do that, our conference games will not hurt us. We will still need to do well against a challenging OOC schedule.

OSU beats Florida Oklahoma ahead of Bama 1 to 0 at end of first inning. Go anybody but SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    OSU beats Florida Oklahoma ahead of Bama 1 to 0 at end of first inning. Go anybody but SEC.
    yup I'd pull for a wet stinky turd before them.

That was awesome.

Some folks on social media are bashing Samantha Show for her “bat flip” that was actually more of tomahawk toss. That kid just single handedly beat the Gators in the WCWS. She had the only 2 cowgirl hits (both solo homers) and she got the win the the circle. That’s crazy. I would have thrown the bat into the parking lot.

Oklahoma 3 Alabama 2. Somebody from SEC is going 0 and 2. 😁😁😁

11. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m curious what the numbers would be if all games were played on a neutral site. The road to OKC wasn’t the same for a large majority of the remaining 51 teams.
    bumpi got called tin foil for pointing out same a long time ago (esp in football),but bump nonetheless

12. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That was awesome.

Some folks on social media are bashing Samantha Show for her “bat flip” that was actually more of tomahawk toss. That kid just single handedly beat the Gators in the WCWS. She had the only 2 cowgirl hits (both solo homers) and she got the win the the circle. That’s crazy. I would have thrown the bat into the parking lot.
    if sec flips bat its cool and exciting, but bad to do so against them, bwahahaha

13. Default Re: Other Softball action

Oklahoma 3 Alabama 2. Somebody from SEC is going 0 and 2. 😁😁😁
    SEC: just means more. BBQ

14. Default Re: Other Softball action

15. Default Re: Other Softball action

they werent upset when she flipped bat against oregon or tulsa, lmao

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/ok-state-st.-flips-in-wcws

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information