Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

1. Default Re: Other Softball action

i was trying to see if sec was first to have two teams to be two and bbq, but it isnt even their “best”, they actually had three a couple years ago but still no decrease in invites, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    i was trying to see if sec was first to have two teams to be two and bbq, but it isnt even their “best”, they actually had three a couple years ago but still no decrease in invites, sad.
    That won’t change.

Really great to see EVERY sec team make the field just so they could have a little representation in the WCWS. Throw 13 teams at the field and 2 stick.

Like you mentioned, a few teams weren’t even competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That won’t change.

Really great to see EVERY sec team make the field just so they could have a little representation in the WCWS. Throw 13 teams at the field and 2 stick.

Like you mentioned, a few teams weren’t even competitive.
    Representation in WCWS seems right. 13 of 64 is 20%. 2 of 8 is 25%.

Default Re: Other Softball action

Man they are really pumping the Clearwater and we will be playing msvalleyst I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    It’s a little easier when you represent nearly a quarter of the field. Crazy.

The PAC 12 did more with less.

Texas-Arlington wins the NISC tournament today, 4-3 over Iowa State.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I’m curious what the numbers would be if all games were played on a neutral site. The road to OKC wasn’t the same for a large majority of the remaining 51 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    The softball version of the WBI, CIT, etc. But I think teams still get value from it. Uta beat a Big 12 school. Whether that adds a little validity or not is debatable, but I’m sure the Mavs are happy.

UL Softball Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The softball version of the WBI, CIT, etc. But I think teams still get value from it. Uta beat a Big 12 school. Whether that adds a little validity or not is debatable, but I'm sure the Mavs are happy.
    I hope so. The entire conference is long overdue to elevate it's game. South Alabama and Georgia State need to return to relevance, Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina need to continue their upward climb and Texas State and Troy need to start beating quality programs so they can be in the at-large picture. Texas-Arlington needs to parlay this championship into a recruiting class that can consistently place them in the top half of this conference.

I hope so. The entire conference is long overdue to elevate it's game. South Alabama and Georgia State need to return to relevance, Appalachian State and Coastal Carolina need to continue their upward climb and Texas State and Troy need to start beating quality programs so they can be in the at-large picture. Texas-Arlington needs to parlay this championship into a recruiting class that can consistently place them in the top half of this conference.
    All of this. But it is extremely important to us that at least three more programs besides UL become top 50 RPI teams every year, with at least one of those top 25. The other 4 you mentioned need to elevate to top 80 or so RPI. If they can all do this, good OOC scheduling for us all will become both easier and less critical, and the SBC will return to being a 2 or 3 bid conference.

"I'll take "Tournaments the Ragin Cajuns will never participate in" for 400, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    All of this. But it is extremely important to us that at least three more programs besides UL become top 50 RPI teams every year, with at least one of those top 25. The other 4 you mentioned need to elevate to top 80 or so RPI. If they can all do this, good OOC scheduling for us all will become both easier and less critical, and the SBC will return to being a 2 or 3 bid conference.
    The bottom side is a serious concern as well. Our conference mates contributed to 13 games in the 4th quartel (RPI 101 or higher). It would have been fifteen games had it not been for the ULM rainouts.

There are only 10 softball programs in the SBC. My statement and lcitsh's account for 8 teams. I can live with 2 teams between 100 and 150 if the rest meet my standard.

14. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    There are only 10 softball programs in the SBC. My statement and lcitsh's account for 8 teams. I can live with 2 teams between 100 and 150 if the rest meet my standard.
    If course others aren’t within our ability to change.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If course others aren’t within our ability to change.
    No, but Troy, TxSt and USA have all been top 25 or close to it recently, and the others mentioned have all been top 75 or close to it at times. It really isnt a reach to think they will get there again.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information