Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

1. Default Re: Other Softball action

JMU wins regional vs 16 seed Michigan. Of course now they’ve got OU, but congrats on being the only visitors to win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    JMU wins regional vs 16 seed Michigan. Of course now they’ve got OU, but congrats on being the only visitors to win.
    JMU won the regional against #15 Michigan. They now get to travel to the west coast to face #2 UCLA.

3. Default Re: Other Softball action

Okay thanks though I heard 16. Many thought that they were robbed as well.

4. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    JMU won the regional against #15 Michigan. They now get to travel to the west coast to face #2 UCLA.
    They were flat out robbed of hosting in the first place.

5. UL Softball Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They were flat out robbed of hosting in the first place.
    How'd that trip to Ole Miss work out for us? Let’s see how they do vs #6?

6. Default Re: Other Softball action

How'd that trip to Ole Miss work out for us? Let’s see how they do vs #6?
    If ole M. only gets 2 more games it was worth it for them, even if the should have traveled to Tennessee in the first place

7. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If ole M. only gets 2 more games it was worth it for them, even if the should have traveled to Tennessee in the first place
    Bottom line, it’s always better to host.

8. Default Re: Other Softball action

Bottom line, it’s always better to host.
    True

9. Default Re: Other Softball action

As a host you can sell recruits that you’re top drawer program. And occasionally we might be a national seed. Way too much worrying about being paired with OU. This week we’re paired with vacation.

Default Re: Other Softball action

Well, there is next Year! I know all too often said, but True Dat! We were not hitting the ball like we did most of the season. Our hitting seemed to me at least to have cooled a little prior to the conference tourney. Cooled hitting, a little sloppy at times with the Yellow Glow Ball, and having only One Dominant arm is TO ME what cost us in this Regional. That being said, "I too felt like we should have had a Regional." If we had been able to finish out the Oklahoma Tourney, BAM we have a Regional!

Default Re: Other Softball action

Oklahoma State starts play agsinst. Florida state on ESPN soon. Oklahoma state has two local girls playing for them

https://okstate.com/roster.aspx?path=softball

No 5 and no 17. One played at North Vermilion the other is from Crowley.

As a host you can sell recruits that you’re top drawer program. And occasionally we might be a national seed. Way too much worrying about being paired with OU. This week we’re paired with vacation.
    No one beats us in a regional at home.

13. Default Re: Other Softball action

Hardly anyone gets upset at home, not just us. Sixteen regionals one upset. This matches historical norms about 6%. Again way too much wanting to avoid OU. First you’ve got to reach a super. The national seeds have even higher win ratios so unless you are a national seed you’re probably gone as far as you’re going.

14. Default Re: Other Softball action

Hardly anyone gets upset at home, not just us. Sixteen regionals one upset. This matches historical norms about 6%. Again way too much wanting to avoid OU. First you’ve got to reach a super. The national seeds have even higher win ratios so unless you are a national seed you’re probably gone as far as you’re going.
    .l.lljust wondering if the CF’s catch against us was the best ever? Just saw a quick review, but damn,,,,,,robbery.l.lcan anybody show it???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .l.lljust wondering if the CF’s catch against us was the best ever? Just saw a quick review, but damn,,,,,,robbery.l.lcan anybody show it???
    Are you talking about the last out? Are you asking if it’s best catch ever in the history of baseball?

Edit: never mind. I thought i was in the baseball thread. My apologies 🤦🏼_♂️🤦🏼_♂️

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information