Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    The sad part is that everyone on the team, and beyond, knew it was happening, reported it and the blatant favoritism going on, to the admin, and nothing was done about it until it could no longer be hidden.
    Absolutely the classic hire based on name only, which is a Tech M of O. I guess they never realized a 23 year old male would get the Jonses for a nice looking 20 year old female he saw pretty much every day AND followed him to Ruston?

Florida state three outs away from dispatching South Carolina.

Florida state sends another SEC team home.

So far, the home team has advanced in every regional that has been completed. I am pilling for JMU. They deserve it.

5. Default Re: Other Softball action

There’s gotta be something extra special about hosting. There’s simply not that much difference between many teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    So far, the home team has advanced in every regional that has been completed. I am pilling for JMU. They deserve it.
    Huge JMU fan today too.

This is why it’s important to host any way you can. Yes, even as a 16. Home teams have such an advantage.

We had a great draw this year and were 2 outs away from cashing in on that. However, it seemed like the odds were stacked against us in both games. Had we been hosting, we would have made it through because it’s just tough playing these types of games on the road. This team hasn’t had 3 days of close games like that all year.

7. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    i guess the last place sec team will have to host next year

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Huge JMU fan today too.

This is why it’s important to host any way you can. Yes, even as a 16. Home teams have such an advantage.

We had a great draw this year and were 2 outs away from cashing in on that. However, it seemed like the odds were stacked against us in both games. Had we been hosting, we would have made it through because it’s just tough playing these types of games on the road. This team hasn’t had 3 days of close games like that all year.
    Absolutely!! For our program to make the Supers we must host a regional! I don’t see how some of y’all can still think otherwise.

last hope is JMU as all the others have been eliminated. All home teams but Michigan have advanced. Still pulling for JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Absolutely!! For our program to make the Supers we must host a regional! I don’t see how some of y’all can still think otherwise.
    Depends on if your goal is making it to the WCWS are just the Supers. If we would have hosted as a 15 or 16, we would have had to go to UCLA or OU & had virtually no chance.

11. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Depends on if your goal is making it to the WCWS are just the Supers. If we would have hosted as a 15 or 16, we would have had to go to UCLA or OU & had virtually no chance.
    You need to understand, visitors have virtually zero chances of beating national seeds. Visitors have about a six percent chance of upsetting 9-16. Your best chance is to get to a super. Either way unless you’re a national seed your chance is virtually zero.

Thinking I wanna get to the super. Either way you’re not getting to the WCWS but at least you only need one miracle win if you host.

12. Default Re: Other Softball action

did they ever say what the the deal with the possible “obstruction” call was, that led to missing the possible double play by dalton and leading to a run for crooked letters U @ oxford

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    did they ever say what the the deal with the possible "obstruction" call was, that led to missing the possible double play by dalton and leading to a run for crooked letters U @ oxford
    They have nothing to say it was a blown call.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You need to understand, visitors have virtually zero chances of beating national seeds. Visitors have about a six percent chance of upsetting 9-16. Your best chance is to get to a super. Either way unless you're a national seed your chance is virtually zero.

Thinking I wanna get to the super. Either way you're not getting to the WCWS but at least you only need one miracle win if you host.

We made it to the WCWS in 2008 by beating LSU-BR (9 seed) in BR then traveling to Houston (8 seed) and beating them. It is possible to beat a higher seed then a national seed as we've done it before. You're right, though. The percentages are low.

We've also hit a wall in the Supers at places like UCLA (5 seed in 2010) and OU (3 seed in 16'.) However, we've also had Arizona State (4 seed) running in Tempe in 2012, but then lost 2 straight. We were painfully close against Michigan (8 seed) in 2013.

To ragin50's point, the chances are low to beat a 1 or 2 but OU and UCLA both went down in their regionals this year and had to play the If Necessary game. Not easy to beat them, but Wisconsin and Mizzou did it and they are not exactly powerhouses.

Playing the game of hoping we are paired with a manageable 6-12 seed will usually end up in disappointment. It worked out this year in our draw, but the ultimately our best chance to advance is by hosting. Even if you're a 16 seed. You can't get to the supers without winning a regional and as we've seen the past 3 years in a row, it's incredibly hard to win a regional on the road.

JMU just advanced to the super regional round. Good for them

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information