Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

UL Softball WCWS Championnship UCLA vs Oklahoma

Texas & Texas A&M both go down and face each other in an elimination game tomorrow.

Boise State downs Stanford 9-1.

Arkansas goes two and barbque.

South Carolina loses a close one to South Florida.

Georgia gets by Drake in 8 innings

Auburn & Colo St. Tied up in the 5th inning

Default Re: Other Softball action

I for one am thrilled A&M is getting a chance in regional play with their 6-18 conference record.

3. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I for one am thrilled A&M is getting a chance in regional play with their 6-18 conference record.
    But, but, but they were good loses.

La tech loses.

Ole miss wins. We play ole miss at 1:00 on Saturday.

5. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    La tech loses.

Ole miss wins. We play ole miss at 1:00 on Saturday.
    Unless the NCAA has scouting restrictions.

An advantage of playing the early game is scouting your next opponent with no distractions.

That 1pm game is EDT, so both men and women will be playing at noon today. Will take a split screen and multi-tasking effort for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    The SEC bias isn’t going away. It’s now the norm to reward those teams on the basis that they eek out a few wins against their conference opponents and based on that they are deemed “worthy” of the post season. Every year I wonder if this is the year that the committee will change. I’m recognizing that that’s a silly proposition and can now only hope that these ridiculous teams just fizzle out of the tourney so you don’t have hear about them until next spring.

On another note, how sweet must it have been for Sam Houston? A 2 run homer late in the game. Good for those guys. Now Sam Houston gets to play Houston in what is expected to be fun for the commentators. I can imagine what it’s like for those teams playing basketball or something. “Houston inbounds the ball, it’s tipped by Sam Houston but saved by Houston who walks it up into the Sam Houston zone. Houston Sam playing man to man.” Might be a Bearkats and Cougars type of day for the play by play guy.

8. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The SEC bias isn’t going away. It’s now the norm to reward those teams on the basis that they eek out a few wins against their conference opponents and based on that they are deemed “worthy” of the post season. Every year I wonder if this is the year that the committee will change. I’m recognizing that that’s a silly proposition and can now only hope that these ridiculous teams just fizzle out of the tourney so you don’t have hear about them until next spring.

On another note, how sweet must it have been for Sam Houston? A 2 run homer late in the game. Good for those guys. Now Sam Houston gets to play Houston in what is expected to be fun for the commentators. I can imagine what it’s like for those teams playing basketball or something. “Houston inbounds the ball, it’s tipped by Sam Houston but saved by Houston who walks it up into the Sam Houston zone. Houston Sam playing man to man.” Might be a Bearkats and Cougars type of day for the play by play guy.
    The RPI rewards quality wins automatically, but it takes a bias to reward quality losses.

9. Default Re: Other Softball action

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The RPI rewards quality wins automatically, but it takes a bias to reward quality losses.
    Let's call a spade a spade. RPI can exclude you, but not necessarily include you. Only the committee can include you.

17 good loses > 13 bad wins

Meagin Good at 152 pitches in 10 against Mich

She is still throwing 70 on the gun.

165 pitches in 11 70 mph. Impressive.

JMU threatening in top of 12 two out and runners at the corners.

TTU ahead of LSU A&M BR. 4 to 3

Michigan wins 1 to 0 in 12 innings. Sigh.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information