Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

1. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    So, what exactly are you complaining about then? Why again are we arguing about something that didn't affect the Cajuns in any way whatsoever?
    An undeserving team is hosting the Cajuns.

This year the victim is JMU and certain shuffles that GoneGolfin has pointed out

If you point out the flaw when it doesn't affect you, you've got more credibility when it actually does.

2. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Purely RPI generated seeding.

They didn't need a completely artificial boost by RE-including top 25 and top 10 RPI victories.

Times have changed "Oregano" isn't enough.
    i understand going straight rpi didnt give us the host as we were 17, but how did that lead to 18 hosting?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

17 good losses > 13 bad wins, I guess

4. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

So the committee says Alabama's RPI isn't real, but the rest of the SEC still receives the round robin benefits of facing Alabama's supposedly fake RPI.

Cute.
    was bama’s softball ooc tougher than their football ooc? were they tied in fourth inng with citadel?

5. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    i understand going straight rpi didnt give us the host as we were 17, but how did that lead to 18 hosting?
    Under the guise of quality games this was all done to protect the SEC from having Ole Miss travel to Tennessee.

UL 17, should have traveled to 16 Kentucky. Ole Miss 18, should have traveled to Tennessee 15.

I get protecting the top of the pool in conference foes having to face each other when just the week before they were trying to eliminate each other. I get that.

But protecting every single SEC team from a conference foe matchup is ridiculous.

6. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Alabama was punished for their easy out of conference schedule.

You know who wasn't punished? Every other SEC school. They all benefitted from Alabama's perfect non conference record.

Alabama took one for the SEC.
    they were eight in rpi and got an eight seed, can possibly host a super regional, how exactly is that punishment? meanwhile lipscomb beats bama’s opponent by more than bama could??

7. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    they were eight in rpi and got an eight seed, can possibly host a super regional, how exactly is that punishment? meanwhile lipscomb beats bama’s opponent by more than bama could??
    Because the committee has used weaker excuses for bumping up a team.

https://bamahammer.com/2019/05/13/al.ommittee-fail/

8. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

Under the guise of quality games this was all done to protect the SEC from having Ole Miss travel to Tennessee.

UL 17, should have traveled to 16 Kentucky. Ole Miss 18, should have traveled to Tennessee 15.

I get protecting the top of the pool in conference foes having to face each other when just the week before they were trying to eliminate each other. I get that.

But protecting every single SEC team from a conference foe matchup is ridiculous.
    but ironically last few years they have only advanced by winning sec vs sec SR matchups, all sec who played a diff p5 didnt advance

9. Default Re: NCAA Softball Committee Snubs

conferences with teams who are two and bbq:
    patriot league
    ovc
    swac
    meac
    SoCon
    northeast
    big south
    SEC (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information