Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

Default Regional 2019

Any predictions on where softball will play at?

Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    LSU or we might be flying. Won't be surprised if we get shipped out this year.

Its amazing that we might be traveling with a 50-4 record. Top 8 in the three major polls. But 18 in RPI.

Not surprising considering #2 Minnesota got sent down south last year.

I see a few projections that have ole miss hosting as a 16 and us going there. If that’s the case, that’s why you always want to host. I get the argument that some had of “let’s travel to and go to a 10-13 and win.” Great, but who says that’s where you’ll go. Even if you’re a 15-16, staying home as a high host site is better than getting shipped 15-16 site.

Then again, college sports madness still have us hosting. That’s what you get with projections. Fingers crossed that the Cajuns get a good draw considering the season they’ve had.

6. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I know it is wishful thinking, but I am going to say Lafayette, LA

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I see a few projections that have ole miss hosting as a 16 and us going there. If that’s the case, that’s why you always want to host. I get the argument that some had of “let’s travel to and go to a 10-13 and win.” Great, but who says that’s where you’ll go. Even if you’re a 15-16, staying home as a high host site is better than getting shipped 15-16 site.

Fingers crossed that the Cajuns get a good draw considering the season they’ve had.
    That would be a crying shame to be shipped to a 16. We'd pretty much be assured of getting another couple of shots at Oklahoma. 🤬

8. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

Fingers crossed that the Cajuns get a good draw considering the season they’ve had.
    In this scenario, wouldn't that essentially mean the committee believes we're the worst 2 seed in the field? That doesn't make sense.

I thought your best 2 seed typically (within reason) was matched with one of the worst 1 seeds at Regionals, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In this scenario, wouldn't that essentially mean the committee believes we're the worst 2 seed in the field? That doesn't make sense.
    I think I heard that after the top 16 they don’t really seed. They then just look at economics or match ups. Not sure but think it’s right

11. Default Re: Regional 2019

Not necessarily. Geography also plays a part in the 2 seeds.

I think we will be a 2 seed maybe in Austin

13. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I think I heard that after the top 16 they don’t really seed. They then just look at economics or match ups. Not sure but think it’s right
    Well that's pure jackassery.

Well that's pure jackassery.
    Don’t disagree

15. Default Re: Regional 2019

While I think that Austin is a possibility (and would love to see them here), there are many SEC sites that need #2 seeds (from somewhere other than the SEC) . and there are likely to be some fly-in #2's to an SEC site or two. Two of those SEC sites are within driving distance of Lafayette, LA. Baton Rouge and Oxford (I believe Ole Miss will be chosen as a host) will need such a #2 seed. One of them may need a fly-in #2 seed. If that is the case, why would the Cajuns not be at one of those sites?

There is a third site that depending on the numbers the NCAA uses . might be considered as a bus site for the Cajuns. Google shows 403 miles from Lafayette to Tuscaloosa.

Brian

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information