Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

1. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I do understand the math, but in practical application, the committee can decide to stray from the math. There are SEC teams that are close to .500 that will host just because they lost a lot to good teams. Then there's UL, which has only lost 4 games, has several all-american candidates, swept its conference, has a history of regional and super regional wins, is an excellent host site, and will likely spoil a regional if they don't host. To justify the decision, the committee can simply say that a storied program with a 50-4 record simply could not be ignored, and scheduling challenges were the only reason that UL found itself with an RPI just outside of the top16. Also, the NFCA coaches think UL is the 7th best team.
    Lots of stuff in there that is not part of the selection criteria . and never has been. While ignoring the single most glaring deficiency that says UL does not deserve a national seed.

I am just looking forward to spoiling someone's regional.

Brian

Default Re: Regional 2019

How many times have we seen a selection committee blow up the rules to place a team, regardless of sport, just for the reasons sited above.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Lots of stuff in there that is not part of the selection criteria . and never has been. While ignoring the single most glaring deficiency that says UL does not deserve a national seed.

I am just looking forward to spoiling someone's regional.

Brian
    I know, but if that’s the way of things, if winning doesn’t matter, then we may never host again. All host sites will go to the SEC, PAC10, and BIG12, with an ACC sprinkled in from time to time.

I'm expecting all of you to be at Pete's tonight for the selection show.

What time's the show?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    What time's the show?
    8. Doors open at 7.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I'm expecting all of you to be at Pete's tonight for the selection show.
    I'd love to. When does my helicopter get here?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I'd love to. When does my helicopter get here?
    For those of you who live outside of Louisiana, call Pete's and skype with someone. Or whatever video messaging you can find.

9. Default Re: Regional 2019

I would need a jet to leave right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We're talking Big10 vs Sunbelt. You better believe they will screw UL given the opportunity. I hope I'm wrong

Ok. Let's go with the conspiracy theory. If they want to get rid of a powerful G5 team, where do you send them? Tuscaloosa?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Ok. Let's go with the conspiracy theory. If they want to get rid of a powerful G5 team, where do you send them? Tuscaloosa?
    Norman. ESPN doesnt own tne Big 12

12. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    I know, but if that’s the way of things, if winning doesn’t matter, then we may never host again. All host sites will go to the SEC, PAC10, and BIG12, with an ACC sprinkled in from time to time.
    Not true. The Cajuns assembled a worthy schedule several times in the last seven years that warranted hosting NCAA Tournament play. One year they hosted a super regional as a #6 national seed on their way to Omaha. They had the schedule and executed on the field . and were rewarded for it. When they do the same again, they will be rewarded for it again. I expect Glasco will get the schedule they need next year and the Cajuns will be hosting in 2020.

Brian

Honestly, I dont mind going to Norman or Tuscalusa. Take care of business there, then on to a 14,15 or 16 for supers, then to the WCWS as the #1, 2 or 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Not true. The Cajuns assembled a worthy schedule several times in the last seven years that warranted hosting NCAA Tournament play. One year they hosted a super regional as a #6 national seed on their way to Omaha. They had the schedule and executed on the field . and were rewarded for it. When they do the same again, they will be rewarded for it again. I expect Glasco will get the schedule they need next year and the Cajuns will be hosting in 2020.

Brian
    I just looked at James Madison’s schedule for this season and if we had the schedule they had we would be hosting no doubt. They are 14 in the rpi and played teams from the sec, pac 12 and acc and won a bunch of them.

15. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Honestly, I dont mind going to Norman or Tuscalusa. Take care of business there, then on to a 14,15 or 16 for supers, then to the WCWS as the #1, 2 or 3 seed.
    I would prefer to meet the elite team on a more level playing field . best of three super. Instead of needing to dispatch a worthy regional team in the opening round while the #1 seed plays a weak #4 seed.

Brian

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information