Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    If we win the Ole Miss regional and Arizona loses their regional how is it determined who hosts the Super?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    One final point on this .

You saw what just happened to Alabama. In my opinion, there is no way to justify Alabama being seeded behind Florida. But the selection committee used Alabama's #106 NC SOS (not RPI) to justify their seeding of Alabama. Crazy when you look at all of the criteria (it is not even close, actually). But this is the cited reasoning . and this plays into the Cajuns' favor with respect to the scheduling we were discussing. Why? Because these elite teams are seeing that they cannot simply schedule a cupcake NC schedule, go 32-0, and let their conference games lift them to a top overall RPI. The selection committee is sending the message that it is not enough . you must go out and schedule solid NC opponents.

And this is not just for Top 8 national seed evaluation, it applies to national seed evaluation and host sites as well.

Glasco should be picking up the phone to speak with Pat Murphy and other elite conference coaches in 3 . 2 . 1 .

Brian
    Yeah, I thought of you when they pointed out the OOC%. They could have done us one better and made Alabama a 9 seed to send the message that a weak OOC schedule may cost you a Super at home.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    If we win the Ole Miss regional and Arizona loses their regional how is it determined who hosts the Super?
    Great question and I was wondering also. If there are no #2-4 seeds, how do they decide?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    As long as we get back to hitting the ball like we are capable, we'll be in Arizona in two weeks.

6. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Yeah, I thought of you when they pointed out the OOC%. They could have done us one better and made Alabama a 9 seed to send the message that a weak OOC schedule may cost you a Super at home.
    Thumbs up.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    First thing they will look at is to see of you put in a host bid. I believe if both teams put in a bid it goes to the higher seeded team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    First thing they will look at is to see of you put in a host bid. I believe if both teams put in a bid it goes to the higher seeded team.
    If both winning teams put in bids to host I thought it goes to the team that won the higher seeded regional, not the higher seeded team in a regional.

You have to like the draw, but this top 16 is crazy and the SEC bias is out of hand. All teams get in based on the fact that they simply have to play their conference schedule. Doesn’t matter if you actually only win 1 game every other weekend. TAMU’s season was over long ago, but hey, let’s have them steal a spot for someone who may have been more deserving.

What ever happen to the good ole days of the best teams get rewarded? Some things don’t make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    If both winning teams put in bids to host I thought it goes to the team that won the higher seeded regional, not the higher seeded team in a regional.
    Yes I didn't word that very well. In our case I'm sure Auburn put in a host bid so that would most likely be where we would end up.

This is not a bad draw. The poles have us in the top 10 and we are paired with the 11 th seed.

It's go time ladies, go to Oxford and take care of business.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information