Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

Default Re: Regional 2019

Is the scheduling issue due to other SBC softball teams are too weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Is the scheduling issue due to other SBC softball teams are too weak?
    That’s part of the problem because the Sun Belt was weaker this year but also the fact that we didn’t play many P5 teams compared to James Madison who is 44-7 and 14 in the RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Norman. ESPN doesnt own tne Big 12
    What's the radius to send a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    What's the radius to send a team?
    400 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Not true. The Cajuns assembled a worthy schedule several times in the last seven years that warranted hosting NCAA Tournament play. One year they hosted a super regional as a #6 national seed on their way to Omaha. They had the schedule and executed on the field . and were rewarded for it. When they do the same again, they will be rewarded for it again. I expect Glasco will get the schedule they need next year and the Cajuns will be hosting in 2020.

Brian
    .if we continue to get the schedule. If these conferences turn the faucet off, we’re done. Look, I agree with you about the way things are. I just don’t like it, and I don’t want to believe that a committee defers to the computer. If that’s the case, we don’t need the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    400 miles.
    So the Cajuns can't be sent to Norman. Outside of the radius.

Link:
    https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-c.4%22%2C0%5D%5D

Then hit the "+" to zoom in.

They can be sent anywhere thd committee wants to send them; but there is a strong preference for limiting travel to 400 miles or less.

8. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    .if we continue to get the schedule. If these conferences turn the faucet off, we're done. Look, I agree with you about the way things are. I just don't like it, and I don't want to believe that a committee defers to the computer. If that's the case, we don't need the committee.
    The faucet is not off. There are opportunities . always are. I was involved in scheduling when Mike was here and there are always opportunities. Many opportunities to be creative. But no doubt you need to work harder if you are outside the elite conferences.

Brian

9. Default Re: Regional 2019

The faucet is not off. There are opportunities . always aren't . I was involved in scheduling when Mike was here and there are always opportunities. Many opportunities to be creative. But no doubt you need to work harder if you are outside the elite conferences.

Brian
    Thank you, for the #1 OoC RPI in the country. . (that one year)

The faucet is not off. There are opportunities . always are. I was involved in scheduling when Mike was here and there are always opportunities. Many opportunities to be creative. But no doubt you need to work harder if you are outside the elite conferences.

Brian
    Copy that. Good conversation, Brian.

11. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    So the Cajuns can't be sent to Norman. Outside of the radius.

Link:
    https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-c.4%22%2C0%5D%5D

Then hit the "+" to zoom in.
    They can be . but there are many other better assignments for them than Norman. Quite unlikely in my opinion.

Brian

12. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thank you, for the #1 OoC RPI in the country. . (that one year)
    That was not even remotely me. That was a stellar performance on the field.

Brian

Brian
    We need to work with sponsors on our own home tourneys to make them more attractive to better teams from North and Northeast. Finding some habitual 50rpi range teams vs what we normally play would significantly help our rpi or abandon them and go play top teams at other tourneys.

14. Default Re: Regional 2019

That was not even remotely me. That was a stellar performance on the field.

Brian
    Another team could be way better than that years team was, but without the right schedule, one would not know.

Welp, here goes nothing.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information