Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    No they are not. Please go reread my original response to you.

Brian
    Are you blue in the face yet?

2. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Where did I say 2012 didn't matter?

Our seeding based on rpi dropped by a whole 2 seeds. You'd swear we went from a top 8 seed to barely hosting.

In 2012, we also had a 4-0 record against the rpi top 25, so that actually helped, unlike 2019 where we went winless. Louisville went from # 9 in the rpi to #15. Arizona went from #11 to #13. Don't see you _____ing about their seeding.
    You spit out 4 years 2012 being one of them and I asked if UL had ever received a seeding bump, stating I knew they hadn't in 12.

You said it didn't matter.

3. Default Re: Regional 2019

Louisville went from # 9 in the rpi to #15. Arizona went from #11 to #13. Don’t see you _____ing about their seeding.
    You won't.

But since I'm talking in principles, what I say about UL applies to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You spit out 4 years 2012 being one of them and I asked if UL had ever received a seeding bump, stating I knew they hadn't in 12.

You said it didn't matter.
    Good god turbine, are you that dense? I never said that the year didn't matter. The 4 years I "spit out" were the 4 years we hosted where people seem to think we always get robbed. I just gave 4 very recent examples where we weren't robbed. We met all the criteria to host and were rewarded for it. 2019 didn't meet the criteria and got a 2 seed.

Your logic is what didn't matter.

5. Default Re: Regional 2019

Good god turbine, are you that dense? I never said that the year didn’t matter. The 4 years I “spit out” were the 4 years we hosted where people seem to think we always get robbed. I just gave 4 very recent examples where we weren’t robbed. We met all the criteria to host and were rewarded for it. 2019 didn’t meet the criteria and got a 2 seed.

Your logic is what didn’t matter.
    I only stated one single fact, to which you replied "it doesn't matter."

Getting bumped down matters in who you face.

6. Default Re: Regional 2019

If Ole Miss is worthy, UL was robbed.

Neither should be hosting, but if one is worthy the team with the better RPI was robbed.

I don't like calling the "well known" -double dipping- "criteria" a robbery mechanism but it is what it is.
    It is not double dipping. Again, you are failing to understand what the RPI gives you . and what it does not. You need to study the first half of that post I made. Particularly the reasoning why RPI as an averaging mechanism has plenty of holes . and situations where it is not able to credibly assess a team's worthiness of being a national seed (and it is not just national seeds). In these cases, the data is not there and the RPI cannot make up for it. This is why other criteria is considered.

Too many people, including yourself, are putting too much stock into a rating system that they are not even close to understanding.

UL was anything but robbed. It was an easy call that people in the know saw coming more than a month ago. Meanwhile, I have absolutely no problem with Ole Miss hosting. They were close enough in RPI ranking and had many other +1s on their resume. Not the least of which was proving themselves against peer national seeds . and then some. The Cajuns, as stated earlier, did not afford the selection committee the opportunity to consider them as a national seed . because they failed spectacularly in meeting a primary criterion.

What the Cajuns need to do is move forward and make adjustments to their scheduling to address the deficiencies. After taking the Oxford regional, of course.

Brian

7. Default Re: Regional 2019

I only stated one single fact, to which you replied "it doesn't matter."

Getting bumped down matters in who you face.
    .Admittedly not the biggest softball fan but love them and the staffwith school out, will Ole Miss have a strong home advantagewill we bring a lot of fansis it a double elimination or just a championship game type?

8. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Are you blue in the face yet?
    Pretty much. Starting to think it is not worth it.

Brian

9. Default Re: Regional 2019

In 2012, we also had a 4-0 record against the rpi top 25, so that actually helped, unlike 2019 where we went winless. Louisville went from # 9 in the rpi to #15. Arizona went from #11 to #13. Don't see you _____ing about their seeding.
    . and 4 wins vs. the RPI Top 25 is like Jennifer Anniston putting the minimal amount of flair on her Chotchkie's uniform (yes I am really reaching in an attempt to explain this). Winning only four or five RPI Top 25 games is likely to drop you a few spots from your RPI ranking. This might be neutralized if they were RPI Top 10 wins (which the committee also holds in high regard).

Brian

Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Admittedly not the biggest softball fan but love them and the staffwith school out, will Ole Miss have a strong home advantagewill we bring a lot of fansis it a double elimination or just a championship game type?
    Yes, Boomer it is double elim. Find the schedule here.
    https://olemisssports.com/feature/19oxfordregional

Default Re: Regional 2019

It is not worth it.

Fixed it for ya.

13. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Yes, Boomer it is double elim. Find the schedule here.
    https://olemisssports.com/feature/19oxfordregional
    Ahas usual, thanks a lotdamn the video showed some great high lights.Geaux Cajuns!

14. Default Re: Regional 2019

Double Dipping: Using select portions the information twice, to get one result.

15. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    . and 4 wins vs. the RPI Top 25 is like Jennifer Anniston putting the minimal amount of flair on her Chotchkie's uniform (yes I am really reaching in an attempt to explain this). Winning only four or five RPI Top 25 games is likely to drop you a few spots from your RPI ranking. This might be neutralized if they were RPI Top 10 wins (which the committee also holds in high regard).

Brian
    Next level analogy.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information