Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

1. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    It's won't be easy for Summer pitching from a mound. She's not used to that.
    .What if Summer married Gunner??? side armer???

Default Re: Regional 2019

Can someone please summaries why we are not hosting for those of us who are not RPI watchers? I understand we are in a weak softball conference but I don't understand how the #7th team in the country is not hosing a regional.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    Can someone please summaries why we are not hosting for those of us who are not RPI watchers? I understand we are in a weak softball conference but I don't understand how the #7th team in the country is not hosing a regional.
    Thanks in advance
    Because the polls are not a true barometer of how good your team might be.

Yes we are #7 in the country according to voters. But that 50-4 record was done against a SOS not in the top 100 in the country. We played a whooping 3 games against the RPI top 50 and only 1 of those was against the RPI top 25, which we lost.

A 50-4 record doesn't necessarily mean you have a good team. It may also mean you have a good team that beat a lot of not so good teams.

Gents. I am just now noticing, Oregon is NOT in the tournament this year. At team that has made 5 of the last 7 WCWS is at home. They won 53 games last year. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by mgv6260 View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Because of our strength of schedule. We played one game against teams in the top 25 RPI. We only played 2 games against teams ranked 26-50 in RPI.

That makes it very difficult to judge you against your peers since you didn't play them enough to be statistically relative. You may not agree with that but the committee has been pretty consistent in that metric for a number of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Gents. I am just now noticing, Oregon is NOT in the tournament this year. At team that has made 5 of the last 7 WCWS is at home. They won 53 games last year. WOW.
    Not a surprise at all. When Mike White left a number of players left as well. Melyssa Lombardi didn't impress many of the remaining players so even more players bailed ship including Megan Kleist who will be in a Cajuns uniform next season.

I really don't think anyone thought Oregon would be in the tourney at the start of this season because of the above issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Would love to beat Ole Miss and get revenge on Auburn in the same post season run.
    Just heard Stevie P say that IF Auburn and we win, the committee goes strictly by RPI
    and WE would host by virtue of being #17 to Auburn’s #21that’s a lot that has to happen, but
    who knows GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Not often a host has the worst overall record in their regional, but it's the case here
    OM 37-17
    UL 50-4
    SEMO 45-16
    Chatt 37-15

Like opponents involving the Cajuns:
    Oregon St
    Ole Miss - W 2-0 (neutral site)
    UL - W 8-0 (ns)

Nicholls
    Ole Miss - W 6-0 (H)
    Ole Miss - W 2-0 (H)
    UL - W 8-0 (A)

Austin Peay
    Ole Miss - W 7-2 (H)
    UL - W 2-1 (H)
    UL - W 8-0 (H)
    SEMO - L 2-5 (H)
    SEMO - W 9-0 (H)

UNCG
    UL - W 6-2
    Chatt - Played them 6 times and went 2-4

LA Tech
    UL - W 7-2 (A)
    SEMO - L 3-11 (A)

ULM
    UL - W 3-0 (A)
    SEMO - W 8-0 (A)

9. Default Re: Regional 2019

Ole miss regional

#18 RPI. Ole miss
    #17 RPI. UL
    #59 RPI. SEMO
    #95 RPI. Chattanooga.

Arizona regional

#3 RPI. Zona
    #21RPI. Auburn
    #34 RPI Colorado St
    #159 RPI Harvard

10. Default Re: Regional 2019

Thanks selection committee.You are making me pull for Tech softball.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Just heard Stevie P say that IF Auburn and we win, the committee goes strictly by RPI
    and WE would host by virtue of being #17 to Auburn’s #21that’s a lot that has to happen, but
    who knows GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    Of course we know they wouldn't simply look at RPI. They would look at whatever they needed to to have us go to Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by By the River View Post
    Thanks selection committee.You are making me pull for Tech softball.
    Yeah, I'm pulling for Texas Tech too.

13. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    who knows GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    Stevie, Stevie, Stevie. Not true.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Stevie, Stevie, Stevie. Not true.

Brian
    Stevie is not known for his analytical genius.

15. Default Re: Regional 2019

Can’t pull for the LaTurd women. Would be good for them two and a barbecue.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information