Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Regional 2019

1. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Yes I didn't word that very well. In our case I'm sure Auburn put in a host bid so that would most likely be where we would end up.
    Negative (prior poster). It is not the team that wins the higher seeded regional. Assuming both teams bid, it is the higher seeded team . except only the national seeds are seeded in softball (unlike baseball). Thus, if neither team is seeded (as would be the case with Louisiana and Auburn), the teams are evaluated as if they were being seeded by the selection committee. The team evaluated to be the strongest is declared the host for the super regional round.

In this situation, I do think that Auburn will be evaluated to be the higher seed and thus the host.

I was serious when I said I did not think the Cajuns would be close to being a national seed and host team. I do not think they were one of the Top 20 teams.

Brian

Default Re: Regional 2019

yup Draw seems ok. Driving distance for us is good and great shot of prevailing.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Still happy not going to Refineryville.

Reading some of the social media comments on the bracket is great. Works like “screwed” and “disrespect” getting thrown around a lot. Most of us here basically knew UL wouldn’t host, but it really is interesting to see the perspective of those looking just st at overall record and rankings.

The coaches and other polls think the Cajuns are one of the top 10 teams in the country. Ole miss is hovering around 17-18 in the polls but well deserving of an 11 seed according to this committee. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Negative (prior poster). It is not the team that wins the higher seeded regional. Assuming both teams bid, it is the higher seeded team . except only the national seeds are seeded in softball (unlike baseball). Thus, if neither team is seeded (as would be the case with Louisiana and Auburn), the teams are evaluated as if they were being seeded by the selection committee. The team evaluated to be the strongest is declared the host for the super regional round.

In this situation, I do think that Auburn will be evaluated to be the higher seed and thus the host.

I was serious when I said I did not think the Cajuns would be close to being a national seed and host team. I do not think they were one of the Top 20 teams.

Brian
    I have no doubt you know more about this process than I do. Would be interesting to know what the committee's criteria is to address that scenario. Probably very subjective, especially since teams are supposedly not seeded if they are not one of the top 16.

I'm not thinking about the Supers right now. Let's get out of this regional first.

7. Default Re: Regional 2019

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I have no doubt you know more about this process than I do. Would be interesting to know what the committee's criteria is to address that scenario. Probably very subjective, especially since teams are supposedly not seeded if they are not one of the top 16.
    Even though they are not officially seeded, they are still strength evaluated such that the regionals can be somewhat balanced. And in the case of Auburn and Louisiana, both were on early board consideration for the national seeds. Thus, they were both evaluated in that light. I think that Louisiana was likely eliminated from that board before Auburn.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I'm not thinking about the Supers right now. Let's get out of this regional first.
    Agree.

Lots of guests tuning in on this thread

9. Default Re: Regional 2019

Scroll all the way to the bottom.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c.-more.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post

Cool. Agreed. We have Summer and we know what she can do. The bats have been hot and cold this year so we need them to warm up fast because pitching will be better in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post

It's won't be easy for Summer pitching from a mound. She's not used to that.

Most of us understand why we are not hosting, but the whole system is geared to protect SEC and P5 conference teams and guarantee that they have the best shot to host.
    Ole Miss are the ones that got hosed by having Louisiana in their regional.
    Geaux Cajuns!

13. Default Re: Regional 2019

Ole miss regional

#17 RPI. Ole miss
    #18 RPI. UL
    #65 RPI. SEMO
    #104 RPI. Chattanooga.

These are pre-conference tournament rankings

14. Default Re: Regional 2019

Arizona regional

#4 RPI. Zona
    #21RPI. Auburn
    #35 RPI Colorado St
    #167 RPI Harvard

These are pre-conference tournament rankings

15. Default Re: Regional 2019

Would love to beat Ole Miss and get revenge on Auburn in the same post season run.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information