Thread: Freshmen Lead Cajuns To Lead At Sun Belt Outdoor Championships

1. Default Freshmen Lead Cajuns To Lead At Sun Belt Outdoor Championships

The freshman tandem of Obdarius Ware and Hannes Burger each claimed individual titles and the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team moved into first place in men's competition on Saturday at the 2019 Sun Belt Conference Track and Field Championships at the Arkansas State Track and Field Complex.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Freshmen Lead Cajuns To Lead At Sun Belt Outdoor Championships

let's geaux cajuns!

Default Re: Freshmen Lead Cajuns To Lead At Sun Belt Outdoor Championships

Hopefully we have enough sprinters and field athletes on the men’s side who also qualified for Day 3 Finals.

Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hopefully we have enough sprinters and field athletes on the men’s side who also qualified for Day 3 Finals.
    I’m pretty disappointed in the lack of depth from the throes. Specifically the Javelin. It’s an even that we use to score 25 points or more in. We would consistently have 5 or 6 throwers place, now we have just 2 and those were not that great of throws.

I’m damn near 40, and I’m 90% sure I could have placed in the top 5 without having thrown a javelin in 13 years.

Cajun men finished 6th and women 9th. Not many bells rang on Sunday evidently.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Cajun men finished 6th and women 9th. Not many bells rang on Sunday evidently.
    We have never been very strong on the track. It’s always been our strategy to come out of the field events with 85-100 points. Then score 30-40 on the track. We haven’t done that in forever.

We would normally place at least 6 in the Javelin. Place 4 in the flat jumps, 3 in the high jump, 3 in PV, 4 or 5 in each the discus and shot put. Doing just that would bet us at a minimum of 70 points.

Thread Information