Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

1. Default Re: GA State G2

Who won?

Default Re: GA State G2

I remember when Robe compared the freshmen pitchers this season to the freshman group in 2015 (Gunner, Wyatt, and Evan). Frankly, I don’t see it.

3. Default Re: GA State G2

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Got a pic of O’Neal Lochridge playing shortstop for that one guy

Ok. Must admit I laughed at this.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Who won?
    It won’t end

5. Default Re: GA State G2

We’ve now used our 2 “best relievers” in a game where we have a double digit lead.

I don’t get it.

6. Default Re: GA State G2

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We’ve now used our 2 “best relievers” in a game where we have a double digit lead.

I don’t get it.
    Is Robi still in Saturday is Sunday mode. ?

Default Re: GA State G2

Absolute must win game tomorrow. Cajuns up one game on ULM, who is finished for the weekend. Win tomorrow, we go to Monroe only having to win one instead of two.

The ULM rainout in their schedule had been hurting us, time to flip the script.

8. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

Man, it is interesting how this team has been hitting of late. We have a really solid 1-8 in the lineup right now with some bench options.

No slight on Lochridge, who has been playing very good a 3B, but if we had anyone at that position hitting close to .240 our lineup would be tough top to bottom.

Pitching is the issue with this team and it is mostly out of the bullpen. We are seeing good thing from Young/Burke/Perrin and to some extent Schultz and Savoy, but after that it is a crap shoot.

Hitting wise:

Lott .341
    Kasuls .313
    Cantrelle .307
    Veillon .301 Hot as fire as of late
    Breaux .281
    Monica .258
    Spears .316
    Lahare .266 Hot as fire as of late

Lochridge .171

Last year we finished the season batting .242 with 29 Homeruns and only 2 players over .300

Right now we are batting .274 with 50 Homeruns and 5 players batting over .300.

We also had 3 hitters in the line up last year batting sub .200, this year we have one. Our worst every day player with the exception of Lochridge is batting .258, last year we had 6 regular players batting below that number, in Stover .157, Windham .171, McKinnon .188, Lafleur .226, Kasuls .250 and Lott .246.

I like the setup for next year with our hitters, I think we will be in very good shape as they will continue to improve. I just hope we can solidify our pitching staff.

Our team ERA last year was 4.49, this year it is 5.00, so not that much different, it just feels as though we don't have any lockdown guys this year. Last year Schmidt and Harris felt like they could give us a Friday Saturday start that would save us for Sunday with our pen. Not this year, we just have been so inconsistent on the mount, but we can not blame our hitters they are getting it done.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Underrated post
    Yes indeed. LOL

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Man, it is interesting how this team has been hitting of late. We have a really solid 1-8 in the lineup right now with some bench options.

No slight on Lochridge, who has been playing very good a 3B, but if we had anyone at that position hitting close to .240 our lineup would be tough top to bottom.

Pitching is the issue with this team and it is mostly out of the bullpen. We are seeing good thing from Young/Burke/Perrin and to some extent Schultz and Savoy, but after that it is a crap shoot.

Hitting wise:

Lott .341
    Kasuls .313
    Cantrelle .307
    Breaux .281
    Monica .258
    Spears .316

Lochridge .171

Last year we finished the season batting .242 with 29 Homeruns and only 2 players over .300

We also had 3 hitters in the line up last year batting sub .200, this year we have one. Our worst every day player with the exception of Lochridge is batting .258, last year we had 6 regular players batting below that number, in Stover .157, Windham .171, McKinnon .188, Lafleur .226, Kasuls .250 and Lott .246.

I like the setup for next year with our hitters, I think we will be in very good shape as they will continue to improve. I just hope we can solidify our pitching staff.

Our team ERA last year was 4.49, this year it is 5.00, so not that much different, it just feels as though we don't have any lockdown guys this year. Last year Schmidt and Harris felt like they could give us a Friday Saturday start that would save us for Sunday with our pen. Not this year, we just have been so inconsistent on the mount, but we can not blame our hitters they are getting it done.
    Agree with all of this. But you're underselling the difference between last years 4.49 ERA compared to this years 5.00 team ERA.

That's a difference between 106th best in the country (4.49) and our current spot of 156th. That's a BIG difference.

11. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

I would be in favor of a 2 walk rule.

If you walk 2 batters in an inning, you’re done.
    We have got to eliminate the free bases. I don’t care if Handi is having to come in and pitch. I’d rather see pine tree solos than any more walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I remember when Robe compared the freshmen pitchers this season to the freshman group in 2015 (Gunner, Wyatt, and Evan). Frankly, I don’t see it.
    WiPleaselly wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Hitting wise:

Lott .341
    Kasuls .313
    Cantrelle .307
    Breaux .281
    Monica .258
    Spears .316

Lochridge .171

Thank you Coach Wells for fixing the offense. Can you please recommend a pitching coach?

14. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

The offense is a big problem for this team. Playing a series against some worn out arms and not good when they're not worn out does not make for an offensive fix. Never ceases to amaze when the hype is a fixed offense when this situation develops. The swings haven't changed. Be assured.

15. Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 16, GA State 6

Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    The offense is a big problem for this team. Playing a series against some worn out arms and not good when they're not worn out does not make for an offensive fix. Never ceases to amaze when the hype is a fixed offense when this situation develops. The swings haven't changed. Be assured.
    Oh, we're assured alright... Blow hard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information