Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

1. Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

The only way to make a fair deal is beyond the 5-year mark when the opponent doesn't have a good feel for their overall schedule.

Real-time and near-time scheduling has no perks.

Point is you have latitude with longitude

Default Re: New football home and home

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Actually I don’t have a problem with this game. My point was simply that we routinely criticized Farmer for these type games. Maggard seems to be Teflon coated compared to FarmerBrown. Believe you me, I am not a Farmer backer. It just seems strange how we accept the same things differently.
    I don't recall Farmer getting a lot of criticism for scheduling Ohio or Kent State, especially getting a home and home out of it. Like I said, it beats playing Lamar or Nicholls, especially if we can catch a team on the rise like EMU seems to be currently.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

I'm perfectly ok with home and home series against MAC teams. We'll have as many Cajun fans travel to EMU as would travel to Tulsa or UTA, and as many EMU fans will travel to Lafayette as would have come from Tulsa or UTA.

OOC games must be within about a four hour drive for there to be many visiting fans in attendance. This is the reason we see a noticeable uptick in visiting fans in Cajun Field when we play USM and LaTech at home. We don't see it with Tulane and Rice because those schools literally have no fans of their football programs. Cajun fans travel well to all four of those OOC opponents as they're all within that four hour drive from Lafayette. That's the main reason I'd like to be in a conference with all four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Remember when Farmer had to line up Ole Miss 8 months before we played them because he was too busy at CB to do his job .
    Good times.

At least we aren’t like UTSA, who scheduled a 5 for 0 with Texas. They are scheduled to go to Austin five times between 2022 and 2030.

6. Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    At least we aren’t like UTSA, who scheduled a 5 for 0 with Texas. They are scheduled to go to Austin five times between 2022 and 2030.
    We do that. When is the last time Alabama visited Cajun Field? Just because we spread it out over decades doesn’t mean anything.

We do that. When is the last time Alabama visited Cajun Field? Just because we spread it out over decades doesn’t mean anything.
    There may be some distinguishing factors.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Id take 5 trips to Austin in a heartbeat. If we're gonna play a money game every year, why not Texas? Looks good to me. Sure beats Tuscaloosa

9. Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

Or RefineryVille

People may not understand the difference between expectations vs limitations

I'm ok with playing E Mich or other MAC teams every so often. We just need to make sure we beat them.

12. Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm ok with playing E Mich or other MAC teams every so often. We just need to make sure we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Good times.
    The days of $100 bbl oil were good times indeed. Too bad they didn't last and were not taken advantage of fully

Alabama hasn't played any other G5 on the road since that game. So the answer is never for UL today and every other G5.

15. Default Re: Home and Home with Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Alabama hasn't played any other G5 on the road since that game. So the answer is never for UL today and every other G5.
    I coulda used many, many other P5 schools. It’s not a reflection of UL, it was simply illustrating that UTSA wasn’t making a uniquely bad deal playing Texas over and over on the road.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information