Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Coastal 11

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    I'm saying they're playing against tired arms on bad teams. You see better hitting. Sometimes we see what we wanna see is all I'm saying.

The conf. tournament will tell the story. Everyone should be ready to call it like it is after that. Either way. Right?
    That’s not how we are in basketball, some of us like to blast marlin no matter what happens for 3 days in march. I guess baseball will get a pass

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Coastal 11

Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    Keep the hitting in perspective. Who you hit against is where it's at. Coastal not so good at pitching. We know UL isn't either. So the hitting must be there in the conf. tournament. And the pitching won't be as bad as Coastal's. Big difference.
    Our overall conference offensive stats are pretty solid. .293/.442/.390. I would say from a statistical perspective, our offense is good enough to win the tournament if pitching can get the job done. Our offense is not good enough if it has to make up for bad pitching, though. We have two more weekends to shore things up before tourny time. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    That’s not how we are in basketball, some of us like to blast marlin no matter what happens for 3 days in march. I guess baseball will get a pass
    Well, this doesn't make a lot of sense. With Marlin, nothing really happens in March which is one reason people are critical of him.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, this doesn't make a lot of sense. With Marlin, nothing really happens in March which is one reason people are critical of him.
    True, but how many times has it been said that even if he does when the tourney it shouldn’t affect the ____ty season??

5. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Coastal 11

Making sense is not really his strong suit. Kinda ign'ant.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    True, but how many times has it been said that even if he does when the tourney it shouldn’t affect the ____ty season??
    So if you underperformed ALL year and went, let's say .500, because you won the conference tournament that makes the year a success? How about finishing top 3 in regular season with 20+ wins AND winning the conference tournament?

7. Default

So if you underperformed ALL year and went, let's say .500, because you won the conference tournament that makes the year a success? How about finishing top 3 in regular season with 20+ wins AND winning the conference tournament?
    I completely agree but some will give baseball a pass for the same thing. Hell go read the little man’s thread on baseball postseason

That top 3 and win the tournament has happened once in Marlin's nine years.

9. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Coastal 11

He’s had two top three seasons, zero ncaa at large bids. Robe has had numerous ncaa at large bids, multiple championships. There’s zero validity in those attempting to compare the two.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information