Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Robichaux despises the three-run inning

Default Re: Robichaux despises the three-run inning

I despise losing and appreciate Dr. Maggard’s proven track record with new coaches. I think we should go that route. Tony’s methods of fixing the issues are worse than before.

2. Default Re: Robichaux despises the three-run inning

We’ve got two important hires by Maggard football and softball. I’m very excited about both, yet the grade is still an incomplete. Women soccer isn’t even there yet.

Make tony coach women's soccerhe probably would find a way to allow the other team to score double digit goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Deggs started mid-season March 2012. The plan was to not make wholesale changes during that season. He was lining up transfers and laying the ground work for 2013.
    Correct.

He was going out and getting new players. If you go back and look, there were something like 17 players on the roster in 2012 that still had eligibility that were gone in 2013. Wholesale changes were made.and they were necessary.

You're going to see something similar coming up. I'm hearing between 23-27 new faces next year.

Now, we have someone different as lead recruiter. And I realize many of you equate JT to some sort of child molester, while you think Deggs is already the second coming.

But the talent we are signing is why I'm very optimistic about next season. And, if you want to accuse me of being a sunshine pumper, feel free.

I have 25 years with Robe. That track record is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Correct.

He was going out and getting new players. If you go back and look, there were something like 17 players on the roster in 2012 that still had eligibility that were gone in 2013. Wholesale changes were made.and they were necessary.

You're going to see something similar coming up. I'm hearing between 23-27 new faces next year.

Now, we have someone different as lead recruiter. And I realize many of you equate JT to some sort of child molester, while you think Deggs is already the second coming.

But the talent we are signing is why I'm very optimistic about next season. And, if you want to accuse me of being a sunshine pumper, feel free.

Why is it like this every year the past 3 years? Why should next year be any different? When Robe said last year he was bringing in good recruits - was he "mistaken"? Sunshine pumper- for sure. Can't see forest for the trees- yup.

Correct.

If we have similar results next year is it time to move on from Robe just wondering ?

Quote Originally Posted by laf1049 View Post
    Why is it like this every year the past 3 years? Why should next year be any different? When Robe said last year he was bringing in good recruits - was he "mistaken"? Sunshine pumper- for sure. Can't see forest for the trees- yup.
    I can't stop you from being skeptical and I won't even try. If you want to wallow in misery, that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If we have similar results next year is it time to move on from Robe just wondering ?
    I don't do hypotheticals. But I will say next year won't be anything similar to this year.

I don't do hypotheticals. But I will say next year won't be anything similar to this year.
    So 6th place in the belt?

We are hoping a guy that has not evaluated talent well hit on 20+ in one year plus have them gel together

That's a tall task for any coaching staff the odds of this working are slim

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Nope, that would mean next year is a rebuilding year. Expect a slight improvement with larger strides 2-3 years out. If Robe is not gone after this year, expect that he will be around for the unforeseeable future.

Do I agree with the state of the union, no. But I think my previous statement above is our reality.

Predicting + 100 runs again? That was very bold, almost two runs more per game. We would be in the top 20 nationally runs scored, instead of 127th.

Nobody knows what will happen. Hopefully, the boat gets dragged off the sand bar, the engine room gets drained out and she becomes seaworthy sometime soon. Watching the slow but steady decline of this program has been painful.

Fans have the luxury of staying home, or watching softball games. I feel bad for the folks directly involved, coaches, players, families, support staff and media. A bunch of kids will be cut.again, next month and in the fall. What a nightmare.

Over-recruiting is a slippery slope. Once you get that reputation, high school players tend to shy away, especially as a mid-major. P5 schools can get away with it, somewhat. To a recruit, scout team coach, over-recruiting makes a mid-major look like they don't know what they are doing, which is true. I know Tony doesn't like it. Too bad we've fallen in that trap.

Bringing in 55+ guys in the fall is nothing to brag about. It is a sign of failure. It's actually a huge red flag in the recruiting world.

Recruit: "Coach, the Cajuns keep calling. Whucha think?"

Coach: "I dunno. I heard they bringing in 55, 60 guys next fall. That Rizer kid they cut is killing it at TCU"

Recruit: "EEEEESSSHH!!"

Now, we have someone different as lead recruiter. And I realize many of you equate JT to some sort of child molester, while you think Deggs is already the second coming
    So you can accuse someone of calling him a child molester, even though not one poster has ever equated him as such (and if someone does, he should be taking out back by everyone here). But some people have doubts about the new faces that are coming in for 2020 and you think we are bad people. Go cry me an ___king river.

You’ve got a 25 year track record with Robe. We’ve got a 4 year track record with JT as the recruiter. His “nationally ranked” class from 2015 has got us a losing record in 2019. We’ve see this dog and pony show and we’re tired of it.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Many fans are coming around, but Robe has his ardent supporters (same as ML has his ardent supporters). They take Robe's word as gospel. Many see the BS coming out of Robe's and Bab's mouths these days, however, there are many who will take the BS given out and believe it as the absolute truth and continue to accept the downward trend.
    Yea, Robe’s “ardent supporters” are exactly the same as Lotief’s Kult.

Wtf is wrong with you man.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yea, Robe's "ardent supporters" are exactly the same as Lotief's Kult.

Wtf is wrong with you man.
    They behave in the same way. They put the man ahead of the program. I've seen some already threaten to no longer support the program if Tony is removed as head coach. They take his word as gospel. They alienate fans who disagree with their views.
    The tendencies are the same among the ardent supporters.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    They behave in the same way. They put the man ahead of the program. I've seen some already threaten to no longer support the program if Tony is removed as head coach. They take his word as gospel. They alienate fans who disagree with their views.
    The tendencies are the same among the ardent supporters.
    Who and where did you see that?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information