Thread: Thirteen PR's Recorded By Ragin Cajuns TRK At LSU Invitational

1. Default Thirteen PR's Recorded By Ragin Cajuns TRK At LSU Invitational

Jonathan Kimutai recorded a first-place finish in the men's 1,500-meter run while the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns track and field team recorded 13 personal-bests on Saturday during the LSU Invitational at Bernie Moore Track Stadium.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Thirteen PR's Recorded By Ragin Cajuns TRK At LSU Invitational

Does that mean we won?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Thirteen PR's Recorded By Ragin Cajuns TRK At LSU Invitational

This was a good last meet before the conference meet. Hope to see the progress continue.

Serious question.for T&F, does the victory bell ring only for the team winning or does it ring for an individual first place win?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Does that mean we won?
    In college track, winning a meet as a team really doesn’t mean anything until conference or NCAA Championships. Reason being, your best runners in an event (let’s say 1500m) might not be running in that event that weekend. They might be taking some rest, running the 800 to work on legs speed, or running a 3000m steeple or 5000m for strength.

In fact, I don’t even know if team points are kept track of at many non-championship meers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    In college track, winning a meet as a team really doesn’t mean anything until conference or NCAA Championships. Reason being, your best runners in an event (let’s say 1500m) might not be running in that event that weekend. They might be taking some rest, running the 800 to work on legs speed, or running a 3000m steeple or 5000m for strength.

In fact, I don’t even know if team points are kept track of at many non-championship meers.
    I was kinda kidding but I appreciate the info. Hopefully we make some progress this year when it does come to the conference championships. I was in school in the Hollis Conway era and I miss seeing a competitive track team at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

Thanks. I just was wondering if the athletic department appreciates a T&F win in the same manner as football and such. Toll the bell, I’d say!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Thanks. I just was wondering if the athletic department appreciates a T&F win in the same manner as football and such. Toll the bell, I’d say!
    Based on next years signing class it looks like they are actively increasing funding for recruiting and coaching.

Thread Information