Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Security at Russo Park

Default Re: Security at Russo Park

IMO, security should only take action if there are complaints from a paying customer. In Ole Colony's case here, he should be able to ask the security guard to check that guys ticket and have them ask him to leave the section. If everyone is happy and no one is complaining, have at it. Security should not insert themselves where there isn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Well I asked to move over two seats and they looked at me like I was an _______ for wanting to sit in the seats I paid for.
    Last week I got there late and there was a group of 4 or 5 sitting in our seats and others. Whatever. Nobody else in the entire section so I sit a couple seats away from my seats. After an inning some dude walks up behind me, back row downstairs, where people are routinely shoooed away by yellow shirts, having a conversation with a lady sitting in my seat at jet engine full throttle volume. This goes on for two innings. No yellow shirt shoooing away, of course even though they are standing 10 feet away.

I decide to move to the next section where nobody is sitting. Not one person. "Sir, Sir, Sir, Sir, can I see your ticket? Sir, you are supposed to be in that section over there." I left and went home.

If you are sitting in my seat when I get there, you are moving.

If only there was a simple way to fix this. Like having a decent product on the field and having the stands 3/4 full so that the security guards which actually have a reason to do the jobs they are paid to do.

You also can't give these security guards the autonomy to make decisions like that just because the stands are 1/5th full. Their policies are uniform. Either you have a ticket to sit in the grandstand or you don't. Either you have a ticket to sit in a patio box or you don't. It's up to UL to open up areas to others when the need arises, like Saturday with the weather. They opened up the grandstand and stadium club.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    If only there was a simple way to fix this. Like having a decent product on the field and having the stands 3/4 full so that the security guards which actually have a reason to do the jobs they are paid to do.

You also can't give these security guards the autonomy to make decisions like that just because the stands are 1/5th full. Their policies are uniform. Either you have a ticket to sit in the grandstand or you don't. Either you have a ticket to sit in a patio box or you don't. It's up to UL to open up areas to others when the need arises, like Saturday with the weather. They opened up the grandstand and stadium club.
    Winning cures a number of problems. But I do find it interesting that no one mentioned the stadium club was open for all in attendance Saturday until you mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Winning cures a number of problems. But I do find it interesting that no one mentioned the stadium club was open for all in attendance Saturday until you mentioned it.
    Was it announced at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Was it announced at the game?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It was opened up around the 3rd inning when some rain started to fall. It was announced over the PA system that all fans were allowed to move into the grandstand and that the stadium club was open to all in attendance. Saw a few USA fans take advantage of the open stadium club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Last week I got there late and there was a group of 4 or 5 sitting in our seats and others. Whatever. Nobody else in the entire section so I sit a couple seats away from my seats. After an inning some dude walks up behind me, back row downstairs, where people are routinely shoooed away by yellow shirts, having a conversation with a lady sitting in my seat at jet engine full throttle volume. This goes on for two innings. No yellow shirt shoooing away, of course even though they are standing 10 feet away.

I decide to move to the next section where nobody is sitting. Not one person. "Sir, Sir, Sir, Sir, can I see your ticket? Sir, you are supposed to be in that section over there." I left and went home.

If you are sitting in my seat when I get there, you are moving.
    i see absolutely no problem with that. You absolutely should move and apologize when you're in someone else's seats. If they are not there using them , or siting somewhere else because they don't care that your in their seats, no harm/ no foul in my opinion.

I heard it announced twice.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I heard it announced twice.
    Must have been after it started raining while I driving home. I guess nobody knew it was going to rain Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Is it me or is it just getting ridiculous? Was at the game Saturday with two kids and my senior citizen dad. wouldn't let mom in because her wallet (that she's brought in all season long) was literally 3/4" bigger than the poster board, so we had to walk all the way back to congress to put it back in the car, then when we attempted to join the 200 or so people at the game in the grand stands and were told we couldn't enter without a ticket for that section. So we decided to try to sit in one of the pavilion sections above Section A where no one was sitting and got ran off again. So we sat near Section A and I watched at least 20 security/ ticket attendants sitting in chairs and guarding sections with hardly anyone sitting in them. Between practically 3/4 of Cajun Field being roped off for 30 cars to park in them and all the guarded sections in the stadium without anyone in them, how much money are we paying all of these yellow shirts to guard areas that are not being used?

And before I'm accused of being a cheap skate, I am a long time season ticket holder for baseball, basketball and football, RCAF member, etc. My seats were in the grandstand until this year when I decided to move to cheaper seats with the kids. Last 2 years there were no guards for the grandstand and any one could sit wherever they wanted. I got the cheaper seats with the thought that we'd sit in the grand stands occasionally - that is no longer allowed. This is an a below average/ average baseball team at best and we are literally running people off, using no discretion or logic and making the game day experience not enjoyable. I was actually pleasantly surprised when it started to rain and they let everyone into the Stadium Club, pavillions and Grandstand area.
    I’ve said it once and will continue to say it.

Welcome to the big time! Thank you RCAF for making UL sports a hassle to attend and enjoy

12. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    I've said it once and will continue to say it.

Welcome to the big time! Thank you RCAF for making UL sports a hassle to attend and enjoy
    ✔️

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    I’ve said it once and will continue to say it.

Or just sit where you are supposed to. Its not a hassle for me when I go to events because I sit in my seats.

14. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    aside from rubbing fans the wrong way - what does this do to the budget? How much money are we paying 30+ people to sit in a chair and guard a section with hardly anyone in it? When have we ever had a real problem with a fan sitting in someone else's seat and that fan refusing to move? To me that's when you get security involved. Not before.
    how about have volunteer attendents, maybe for half price rcaf membership or some other parking type perk?

15. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Or just sit where you are supposed to. Its not a hassle for me when I go to events because I sit in my seats.
    You are showing your baseball brilliance, again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information