Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Security at Russo Park

Default Security at Russo Park

Is it me or is it just getting ridiculous? Was at the game Saturday with two kids and my senior citizen dad. wouldn't let mom in because her wallet (that she's brought in all season long) was literally 3/4" bigger than the poster board, so we had to walk all the way back to congress to put it back in the car, then when we attempted to join the 200 or so people at the game in the grand stands and were told we couldn't enter without a ticket for that section. So we decided to try to sit in one of the pavilion sections above Section A where no one was sitting and got ran off again. So we sat near Section A and I watched at least 20 security/ ticket attendants sitting in chairs and guarding sections with hardly anyone sitting in them. Between practically 3/4 of Cajun Field being roped off for 30 cars to park in them and all the guarded sections in the stadium without anyone in them, how much money are we paying all of these yellow shirts to guard areas that are not being used?

And before I'm accused of being a cheap skate, I am a long time season ticket holder for baseball, basketball and football, RCAF member, etc. My seats were in the grandstand until this year when I decided to move to cheaper seats with the kids. Last 2 years there were no guards for the grandstand and any one could sit wherever they wanted. I got the cheaper seats with the thought that we'd sit in the grand stands occasionally - that is no longer allowed. This is an a below average/ average baseball team at best and we are literally running people off, using no discretion or logic and making the game day experience not enjoyable. I was actually pleasantly surprised when it started to rain and they let everyone into the Stadium Club, pavillions and Grandstand area.

Default Re: Security at Russo Park

More ready, fire, aim from athletic deptthe more missteps like this, wonder what the heck is happening with the thought process of those in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    More ready, fire, aim from athletic deptthe more missteps like this, wonder what the heck is happening with the thought process of those in charge.
    aside from rubbing fans the wrong way - what does this do to the budget? How much money are we paying 30+ people to sit in a chair and guard a section with hardly anyone in it? When have we ever had a real problem with a fan sitting in someone else's seat and that fan refusing to move? To me that's when you get security involved. Not before.

The security attendants are just doing what they have been told to do. (as they should) I have been asked to leave a patio box with literally not a single other person on the entire deck. It may be excessive to a degree, but there is a balance somewhere, yet to be found.

To play devil's advocate: If someone donates to baseball, or pays 25k for a patio box, but just anyone can go up there and sit down, what incentive do they have to pay for the exclusivity? "I am not going to pay 25 grand again, I am just going to do sit up there for the 8 out of 10 games that they patio box owner is not there."

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    The security attendants are just doing what they have been told to do. (as they should) I have been asked to leave a patio box with literally not a single other person on the entire deck. It may be excessive to a degree, but there is a balance somewhere, yet to be found.

To play devil's advocate: If someone donates to baseball, or pays 25k for a patio box, but just anyone can go up there and sit down, what incentive do they have to pay for the exclusivity? "I am not going to pay 25 grand again, I am just going to do sit up there for the 8 out of 10 games that they patio box owner is not there."
    I don't blame the attendant at all - they are doing their job. An I do understand your point about why pay. it just rubs me the wrong way. The weather looked bad, we're there with kids, no one else is, where's the harm?

Exactly.

If I pay 25 grand for one of those boxes, I may go hang out up there when games aren't even going on

8. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

Maybe call it your home away from home.

Here’s the other side of it. I was at the game Saturday and went inside the stadium club to get a drink and come back to my seats with people sitting in them. Should I ask them to move or find other seats? I heard a few people who had stadium club passes complaining about longer lines waiting to use the restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    Here’s the other side of it. I was at the game Saturday and went inside the stadium club to get a drink and come back to my seats with people sitting in them. Should I ask them to move or find other seats? I heard a few people who had stadium club passes complaining about longer lines waiting to use the restroom.
    either seems to be a perfect solution to me.

Sorry, but I will never understand why people not only think it would be ok to sit in more expensive seats that they did not pay for, but even get upset when the staff prohibits them from doing so.

That said, I do remember more than a couple of times last year during a wet and cold games, and very people left in the stadium, they not only let people sit anywhere they wanted, they even opened up the club house. So they can be flexible at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    aside from rubbing fans the wrong way - what does this do to the budget? How much money are we paying 30+ people to sit in a chair and guard a section with hardly anyone in it? When have we ever had a real problem with a fan sitting in someone else's seat and that fan refusing to move? To me that's when you get security involved. Not before.
    Wild guess. $10 an hour and 5 hour minimum x 30 = $1500

13. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

I try to make every game. I have 4 seats in the grand stand. I usually drive up right at game time. On several occasions this year and last, I got to my seats and there were people sitting in my seats. As usual, there were no one sitting in the 15 seats immediately next to above or below me. I sat where there was an available seat and was elated to have someone new sitting next to me to enjoy the game with. In the current climate where probably only about 1500 to 2000 people are showing up for games, we need to make every effort to make those showing up welcome. JMO

Well I asked to move over two seats and they looked at me like I was an _______ for wanting to sit in the seats I paid for.

15. Default Re: Security at Russo Park

Well I asked to move over two seats and they looked at me like I was an _______ for wanting to sit in the seats I paid for.
    Well shame on them. The courtesy should go both ways and definitely in favor of the guy that pays if he wants to sit in his seats.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information