Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL 3, McNeese 6

Default Re: Baseball vs Mc Needs tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    18 has a valid point. As the team bounces up and down, the fans bounce from one extreme to the other. They win a couple and some fans start dreaming about regionals. They lose a couple games and some fans start planning for a new coaching staff.

The reality is the team was set back with staff turnover and is rebuilding. It's not the ideal situation, but that is our deal now. We don't have control so it is frustrating.

We need to take a deep breath and relax. This is a .500 team. Nobody is getting fired. It will get better.
    Rebuilding won't start until next year it's going to be a long next 3.5 years

18 has a valid point. As the team bounces up and down, the fans bounce from one extreme to the other. They win a couple and some fans start dreaming about regionals. They lose a couple games and some fans start planning for a new coaching staff.

The reality is the team was set back with staff turnover and is rebuilding. It's not the ideal situation, but that is our deal now. We don't have control so it is frustrating.

We need to take a deep breath and relax. This is a .500 team. Nobody is getting fired. It will get better.
    Well, you right. Not until after next years debacle will coaches be gone So you right, we cant fire anyone thanks to the budget this year.

And it’s probably become a cliche at this point but it’s the “football mentality” People react the same way to losses even when we are really good. We have seen a large enough sample size to know what we areaverage. We aren’t turning a corner, we aren’t good, we aren’t terrible we are average. Coaching/philosophy change, injuries, lack of overall talent/throwdown mixed with some inexperience on the mound, inconsistency throughout and that’s what you getaverage. Most programs would take all of that and be absolutely terrible. It’s gonna take a lot of work to turn it around. Frustrating part is we aren't real far from being good but we aren’t real far from being bad either, but I guess that’s exactly what average is.

We are not that far from being good. Wells obviously is a very good hitting coach. Offense will improve.

Robe will reload on pitching. We are a .500 team this season. We were well below average and won 23 games in 2012. The next 4 years were the best in decades. Next year will be better.

We are not that far from being good. Wells obviously is a very good hitting coach. Offense will improve.

Robe will reload on pitching. We are a .500 team this season. We won 23 games in 2012. The next 4 years were the best in decades. Next year will be better.
    Seems like our pitchers have hit a high amount of batters the last couple of years. Do you see this as a talent issue or something in our system?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Seems like our pitchers have hit a high amount of batters the last couple of years. Do you see this as a talent issue or something in our system?
    Our pitchers all learn to pitch inside. Some learn faster. Some have better control. It is the worst pitching staff numbers-wise in many years, rooted in a talent issue. Way below an average Cajun staff. That's why I think it will improve simply reverting to the mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckmanUSLGrad View Post
    4 more years! Coach Robe will fix it. Just look at all the fixing he has done the past 2.5 years!

He is OWED a chance to fix it!
    Sensing some more lack of sincerity in this one.

We are nose diving fast So damn sad.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Why does no one ever blame the pitching coach!!!

4 more years! Coach Robe will fix it. Just look at all the fixing he has done the past 2.5 years!

He is OWED a chance to fix it!
    Why all the Robe hate?

Seems like you'd be more upset about the softball field being named Yvette Girouard Field.

12. Default Re: Baseball vs Mc Needs tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Why all the Robe hate?

Seems like you'd be more upset about the softball field being named Yvette Girouard Field.
    Semi related;

I'm just now beginning to get over them naming Lady Cajuns Park after an academic fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Semi related;

I'm just now beginning to get over them naming Lady Cajuns Park after an academic fundraiser.
    Without Alfred Lamson, there would be no great softball program at UL. He and his wife essentially kept the program alive from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Why all the Robe hate?

First off, I really do not give a crap about softball.

Also, I do not hate Tony. I am only calling him out because he is the HC so that makes him totally responsible for the what is going on with the baseball program. If this downward spiral does not bother you well you must be not be mush of a baseball fan or a good friend of the coach!

15. Default Re: Baseball vs Mc Needs tonight

First off, I really do not give a crap about softball.

Also, I do not hate Tony. I am only calling him out because he is the HC so that makes him totally responsible for the what is going on with the baseball program. If this downward spiral does not bother you well you must be not be mush of a baseball fan or a good friend of the coach!
    Many are MUCH of a baseball fan and do like the coach.

You, my friend have demonstrated over the last couple of days that you are very much of a MUSH.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information