Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: At What Point...

Default At What Point...

Is Robe told this is enough? Seriously.

A brand new stadium, which was advertised nationally during the last Regional we hosted, as taking his program into the next step, has been built.

Since then, we’re potentionally looking at three straight years of missing the NCAA tournament for baseball, and we’re getting blown out by LA Tech in our glorious stadium.

Where is the pride and fight? Where is the accountability?

Yes, Robe has built a model. He has done great things for our baseball program that should never be forgotten. But Florida State knew Bobby Bowden’s time was up and brought in Jimbo Fischer. At what point do we realize this with Coach Robe and bring in someone like Deggs to take over the program?

Default Re: At What Point...

We can’t afford Deggs. And his next job is in the Big IX or SEC. not the Sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We can’t afford Deggs. And his next job is in the Big IX or SEC. not the Sunbelt
    Andy Cannizaro on the cheap

I’m not saying a change shouldn’t be considered...but did anyone really expect us to sweep the entire second half of the season??...this discussion after every single loss is exhausting...how do you all do it

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I’m not saying a change shouldn’t be considered...but did anyone really expect us to sweep the entire second half of the season??...this discussion after every single loss is exhausting...how do you all do it
    We shouldn’t have to be at the point with this program where the thought of having to win every single game of the 2nd half of the season is necessary in order to get an at large in a regional.

This is nothing new. Where were you during basketball season? Practice, practice, practice until it's an automatic response like Pavlov's dog.

Even Bab says the at large window is nailed shut.

Even more exhausting Is the “we’ve turned corner” people after every win. We aren’t good, we are an average baseball team which is better than the bad one we were earlier. We are almost 40 games in, when will people believe what they are seeing

No change is being considered.

Next.

10. Default Re: At What Point...

Biggest inefficient use of $17mm I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Next.
    There shouldn’t be a change considered but their better be a lot of changes or this will spiral down quickly. The sports growing we aren’t one of just a few who care about baseball anymore. It’s only going to get tougher and tougher to remain relevant.

Next.
    The next question is "should a change be considered?" If the answer is no, then the follow up should be "at what point should a change be considered?"

My season ticket renewals will depend on how Maggard answers those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    There shouldn’t be a change considered but their better be a lot of changes or this will spiral down quickly. The sports growing we aren’t one of just a few who care about baseball anymore. It’s only going to get tougher and tougher to remain relevant.
    The changes have been made. But you aren't going to see the results of the change eight months after the change.

You're starting to see what Wells means to the program. The rest of the changes will be manifested in recruiting.

I realize we want it and we want it now. It's what we are as a society. And, I realize no one wants to hear that a little more patience is required.

But, as I said, the changes have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Even more exhausting Is the "we've turned corner" people after every win. We aren't good, we are an average baseball team which is better than the bad one we were earlier. We are almost 40 games in, when will people believe what they are seeing
    We aren't horrible, nor are we great. One game under .500 is an average team. It is what it is. Wells is doing well.

What very reasonably concerns hard core fans is recruiting still being in the hands of JT, who partially birthed this decline with his recruiting. Changes have been made. If we stop here, the perceived expectation is more of the same, coaching up average players

The changes have been made. But you aren't going to see the results of the change eight months after the change.

You're starting to see what Wells means to the program. The rest of the changes will be manifested in recruiting.

I realize we want it and we want it now. It's what we are as a society. And, I realize no one wants to hear that a little more patience is required.

But, as I said, the changes have been made.
    Wells is earning his money, he took somebody else’s players and made them better. Maybe he should be buying the groceries.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information