Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: BB Final: LA Cajuns 3, Tech Dogs 11

Default Re: Tonight vs LA Tech

First game I've been to in a while. Team looks rough. Hitters were behind all night long, both in the count and timing. Monica's bomb was about it. Outfield was playing out of position all night. Pitchers were left twisting in the wind too long, and Tech was teeing off on them cause everything they threw was left high and juicy for them.

How did we get here? How do we fix it? Our new stadium is like ____ting in high cotton. But it's being seriously wasted on the current product. It's slowly sliding off the mountain...we need a retaining wall. To me the only answer is to do what Maggard did with Softball. Yank that legacy rug out from underneath the program, cause right now it is strangling it.

Now...come to tell me how wrong I am.

It took less time to simultaneously defeat the Japanese empire and Nazi Germany that it will take to change baseball coaches, if it ever happens and I am not saying it needs to happen. If it happens, it is years away.

We may have some talent. We may have some good coaches. What we don’t have is enough tough players. Everyone in college baseball says it...kids aren’t tough anymore. That means we need to do a better job of finding them. Just like everything else in baseball is changing, we need to figure out how to find them. Tough kids would have been fed up long ago with the losing and would have started holding teammates accountable. In my opinion that is what will change this program from mediocre back to the upper tier of college baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    No, it’s not worse. LSU will still be in a regional despite the loss. We’ll still be at home after Memorial Day....again.
    Bingo. It’s become so pitiful how we itch for something to hold onto. Laugh at them for losing to Bama (who besides Clemson hasn’t lost to them). Laugh at them for losing to Southern (while they’ll punch their ticket to post season).

Speaking of Tech, darn, I forgot to send a gift...

https://www.amazingregistry.com/wedd...shx?a=99859514

Dude isn't hurting, pulling down 14k a month the rest of his life off his mom's state retirement.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...mitt/89317990/

6. Default Re: Tonight vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Stop talking about Southern and A&M.

WE lost to TECH, in BASEBALL, AGAIN.
    Rivalry losses are harder to take and cause people to scream on a keyboard and hyperventilate, but there are worse one night losses.

We played 2 of our better games of the year Saturday, bad day and everyone’s jumping off the ship. The red Sox will lose 11-3 this year, it happens. I hate that it seems to happen against certain teams.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We played 2 of our better games of the year Saturday, bad day and everyone’s jumping off the ship. The red Sox will lose 11-3 this year, it happens. I hate that it seems to happen against certain teams.
    Uh no. Tech thoroughly spanked our arse last night. There is nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    The problem is and continues to be we have played too many games like the Tech game last night. The frequency has been very disappointing and the process is very ugly to watch. This is the worst pitching staff this program has had in a number of years and the stats back that up.

10. Default Re: Tonight vs LA Tech

U

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    We may have some talent. We may have some good coaches. What we don’t have is enough tough players. Everyone in college baseball says it...kids aren’t tough anymore. That means we need to do a better job of finding them. Just like everything else in baseball is changing, we need to figure out how to find them. Tough kids would have been fed up long ago with the losing and would have started holding teammates accountable. In my opinion that is what will change this program from mediocre back to the upper tier of college baseball.
    Well we’d better start scouting Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Those boys feel blessed if they even get a water hose.

11. Default Re: Tonight vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The problem is and continues to be we have played too many games like the Tech game last night. The frequency has been very disappointing and the process is very ugly to watch. This is the worst pitching staff this program has had in a number of years and the stats back that up.
    Inconsistent pitchers. Lights out one game and no command and control the next.

12. Default Re: Tonight vs LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    U

Well we’d better start scouting Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Those boys feel blessed if they even get a water hose.
    We don't have a water hose, or not enough of them. The turf made them obsolete, well almost.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Injuries....the.....draft.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information