Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Default Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

When I moved to Lafayette almost nine years ago, one of the things I was most excited about was being in a college town again.

There's the hustle and bustle of student life. The sense of school pride is on display everywhere. In a college town_— and Lafayette is no exception_— the university is a distinctive part of the culture; it's woven into the soul of the city

Advocate article

Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

BOOM

3. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

All UL......

Not one ULL or UL-Lafayette or UL @ Lafayette.

Nice

4. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Big if true

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    All UL......

Nice
    Somebody obviously explained to the Advocate this would never happen with "Lafayette" forced into articles.

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    All UL......

Nice
    Well I guess the photo description by Brad Kemp doesn't count.

7. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Let’s accept it and not jinx it til the 🚫 items show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    The article says Learfield/IMG made this 3 year arrangement with The Advocate to increase our exposure and brand to Acadiana, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and the rest of the state. That is good for UL and all articles now refer to us as UL or the UL Ragin Cajuns. Will they honor our brand as LOUISIANA? The Advocate shows 3 areas, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Acadiana. If you look under Sports within each section, you will find UL Lafayette under Acadiana and Baton Rouge. We are not found under New Orleans. I would think if we want exposure in New Orleans, we should be added. Also, UL Lafayette needs to be corrected and changed to Louisiana. If Learfield/IMG is pushing and protecting our brand, surely they addressed this and we will soon see this corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Big if true
    It's true!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The article says Learfield/IMG made this 3 year arrangement with The Advocate to increase our exposure and brand to Acadiana, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and the rest of the state. That is good for UL and all articles now refer to us as UL or the UL Ragin Cajuns. Will they honor our brand as LOUISIANA? The Advocate shows 3 areas, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Acadiana. If you look under Sports within each section, you will find UL Lafayette under Acadiana and Baton Rouge. We are not found under New Orleans. I would think if we want exposure in New Orleans, we should be added. Also, UL Lafayette needs to be corrected and changed to Louisiana. If Learfield/IMG is pushing and protecting our brand, surely they addressed this and we will soon see this corrected.
    Stop, just stop...those are small issues that should be fixed when Advocate reworkd its web page templet...
    Be happy, this is a huge step up! Told you guys IMG would work some magic...sure Foote had his stubby fingers in this as well...another dark day for the Advertiser...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Stop, just stop...those are small issues that should be fixed when Advocate reworkd its web page templet...
    Be happy, this is a huge step up! Told you guys IMG would work some magic...sure Foote had his stubby fingers in this as well...another dark day for the Advertiser...
    I tip my hat to foote for his work on this

No, don't stop.....it is the relentless pursuit of this issue the got us to this result.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Somebody obviously explained to the Advocate this would never happen with "Lafayette" forced into articles.
    There were told by Dr Maggard and Patrick Crawford that was the case, and now they have agreed to our Brand Name of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, or Ragin' Cajuns. The news division will still refer to us as The University of Louisiana @Lafayette as the Advertiser does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I tip my hat to foote for his work on this
    This was going on before Foote was hired, he pushed them once he started submitting articles. The conversations started with Maggard and Crawford, commitments had to be made before it moved forward. The Advocate made it clear they were ready to work with UL after the hired Foote and a number of other media staff from the Daily Advertiser.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    There were told by Dr Maggard and Patrick Crawford that was the case, and now they have agreed to our Brand Name of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, or Ragin' Cajuns. The news division will still refer to us as The University of Louisiana @Lafayette as the Advertiser does as well.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information