Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well the AAC needs to understand that they’re a G5.
    Still the top of the G5 ladder. I would take an invite there in a heartbeat. But, we have to play them to develop a relationship.

2. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Yes, but all I’m saying is that we need to play them on an equal footing. They want a lot of not playing home and home lately.

Well the AAC needs to understand that they’re a G5.
    Dress for the job you want not one you have

4. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

So I’m guessing you two thinking that we should take a check instead of a return game. That’s all I’m saying, get a return game not a payment.

So I’m guessing you two thinking that we should take a check instead of a return game. That’s all I’m saying, get a return game not a payment.
    Right now we don't offer them a whole lot in playing us here

Have to build up that Resume'

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Still the top of the G5 ladder. I would take an invite there in a heartbeat. But, we have to play them to develop a relationship.
    We have a long way to go according to the RCAF data recently mailed out. Only ULM, UTA and LR produce less revenue than UL in the Sunbelt, and two of those don’t play football. We’re close to a few ahead of us, but it does not change the fact where we honestly are.

Business wise after removing the vermilion colored glasses, can’t envision UL on anyone’s radar at this point.

Critical mass reached this am with Advocate Sports drop downs.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Critical mass reached this am with Advocate Sports drop downs.
    Well I'll be gosh darn!

Is the game vs Miss State an SEC televised game? I thought we were putting this on as the host team with the SuperDome. If so, we should be able to get the SuperDome to call us Louisiana, we will be about 5 months into our branding of Louisiana in New Orleans with the Advocate, and hopefully we can control the graphics. Miss State can call us what they want to l, but if things are as I stated, it won't matt what they call us. If it is an SEC game and they control the graphics, we are screwed. Maybe it is time we quit playing SEC teams and play other P5 conferences. Should still get great paydays.
    I say still play them and then beat them. Beat them enough times, they'll get tired of being beat by a directional school. It sounds better to be beaten by "Louisiana" vs "ULL". And I have a feeling that Coach Napier is going to put us on that trend.

Well, the NOLA addition drop down is fixed. BR isn't, they might have been distracted after losing to Southern last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, the NOLA addition drop down is fixed. BR isn't, they might have been distracted after losing to Southern last night.
    Are you sure? I just looked and all three sports tab dropdowns say "UL Ragin Cajuns." Would actually think that "LA Ragin Cajuns" would be more approriate, and not "ILLEGAL," lol, but not complaining.

What's kind of funny is that if you click either the BTR or NOLA links it takes you to the Acadiana edition.but I guess that more of a reflection of the current state of the publishing world and not merely a local issue.

12. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

If you look at LSU and the Saints, it's the same thing. Probably makes it easier to manage the news content and helps with searching across their multiple sites.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Are you sure? I just looked and all three sports tab dropdowns say "UL Ragin Cajuns." Would actually think that "LA Ragin Cajuns" would be more approriate, and not "ILLEGAL," lol, but not complaining.

What's kind of funny is that if you click either the BTR or NOLA links it takes you to the Acadiana edition.but I guess that more of a reflection of the current state of the publishing world and not merely a local issue.
    The Sports Header for BR, NO and Acadiana are all now corrected from UL-Lafayette to UL Ragin Cajuns. They are not using Louisiana Ragin Cajuns only because it is too long for the header. Use of Louisiana in articles is approved and is up to each writer as to its use.

This is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT by Brian Bille and will have a very positive impact on our branding, not only in BR, NO and Acadiana, but throughout the state.

The Sports Header for BR, NO and Acadiana are all now corrected from UL-Lafayette to UL Ragin Cajuns. They are not using Louisiana Ragin Cajuns only because it is too long for the header. Use of Louisiana in articles is approved and is up to each writer as to its use.

This is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT by Brian Bille and will have a very positive impact on our branding, not only in BR, NO and Acadiana, but throughout the state.
    I very much agree that this is a HUGE win for us, and give kudos to all involved. But UL and LA are the same amount of letters, so don't know why.and am really surprisedthat they went with UL instead of LA.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post

Yup. It was still in Lafayette mode when I left the house earlier.

However, it is correct now. I'm sure some neck troll will report this to the kennel up north.

I'm just surprised in a dying media format The Advocate would have rolled over this easy, especially with their ties to the Manship School of Journalism.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information