Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    That’s sort of the point of why they’re so petty. Remember, this is the same group of people who throw out conspiracies that the SEC is out to get them everytime they lose a game.
    I don’t think it is pettiness as much as legitimate competition over an intersecting market. Any momentum we pick up comes at their expense, especially being we are 50 short miles away and have a unique brand based in Acadiana culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If that is true, then this is pretty damn funny. School with $100 Million dollar athletic budget seriously worried about what a school with a $25 Million athletic budget is called?

Wow.
    Their concern was the use of Louisiana on the SEC network; consider it too close to the Louisiana State brand. You fight the battles the are worth it, the SEC network is going to support one of their members when it concerns sports branding. ESPN and other networks have agreed with our branding request, this is still a huge win for our program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Their concern was the use of Louisiana on the SEC network; consider it too close to the Louisiana State brand. You fight the battles the are worth it, the SEC network is going to support one of their members when it concerns sports branding. ESPN and other networks have agreed with our branding request, this is still a huge win for our program.
    That lame excuse is such BS. Too many U of and State U schools around the country with no identity issues. Especially when they use LSU instead of Louisiana State.

4. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not sure why they are worried, they are LSU, not Louisiana State.

5. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It’s a B💩 excuse. They simply don’t want us to have an identity that sounds like it’s statewide.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That is absolute garbage! Is it going to be Lafayette everywhere or Ragin' Cajuns?
    Checked The Advocate this morning. UL-Lafayette under Acadiana and Baton Rouge Sports headers; nothing under New Orleans. NO UL articles under Baton Rouge or New Orleans. So, just how are we gaining exposure and branding in BR and NO when (1) there are no articles about us and (2) the Sports headers say UL-Lafayette under BR and Acadiana and no header in New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Checked The Advocate this morning. UL-Lafayette under Acadiana and Baton Rouge Sports headers; nothing under New Orleans. NO UL articles under Baton Rouge or New Orleans. So, just how are we gaining exposure and branding in BR and NO when (1) there are no articles about us and (2) the Sports headers say UL-Lafayette under BR and Acadiana and no header in New Orleans?
    Calm down Francis! I think we should give this thing a little more time than one week to see how it plays out long term. If nothing changes in a few months, jump all over their butts if you think that is what it will take to get the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Calm down Francis! I think we should give this thing a little more time than one week to see how it plays out long term. If nothing changes in a few months, jump all over their butts if you think that is what it will take to get the job done!
    You don't make a major announcement and roll this thing out without all of this worked out before hand. This isn't something you figure out along the way over several months as you suggest.

You don't make a major announcement and roll this thing out without all of this worked out before hand. This isn't something you figure out along the way over several months as you suggest.
    Instead of bloviating here, email or call UL Learfield.from experience, these thinks take time, but yea, it looks somewhat ready, fire, aim.

bbille@ragincajunssportsproperties.com

Go ahead and pontificate to him. Report back.

11. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    . . . these thinks take time, but yea, it looks somewhat ready, fire, aim.
    I thinks you are correct. At such time as they are in agreement as to what our name will be, only at that time, and not one second before, they should have been allowed to “ready, fire, aim.”

It is pretty sad on our part to not have had that ironed out before.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    bbille@ragincajunssportsproperties.com

Go ahead and pontificate to him. Report back.
    I just sent an email to Brian Bille and await his (hopeful) response.

I just sent an email to Brian Bille and await his (hopeful) response.
    I just received a phone call from Brian in response to my email and he said it was OK if I post our conversation here. In summary, he said the contract with The Advocate calls for use of Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and that is being implemented in the coming days. He said 5 years ago this wasn't the case, but today, the owners of The Advocate understand the importance and relevance of UL and Lafayette (Acadiana) and are on board with promoting the second largest university in the state. (Not to mention when we achieve Doc I status in the near future.) We are going to see headers in BR, Acadiana and in NO that say Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and the articles will be using Louisiana as our reference as well as UL. No more UL-Lafayette. This was all agreed to and should have been implemented from day one. But, the guy in charge of implementation at The Advocate resisted as an LSU guy, and management is getting this corrected. And, Learfield is pushing our Louisiana branding initiative within its client base that includes many prominent universities around the country as well as several state-wide schools in Louisiana and, of course, the national media.

What a dynamic guy Brian Bille is as a UL alum, a long time resident of Lafayette, and a former Advertiser employee. Great things are happening at UL and our marketing is in great hands. I am so pumped after talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Personally, I am trying to get in the habit of referring to them as "State". It's so much fun to watch the heads pop up like Bluto when the horse dropped dead.

I just received a phone call from Brian in response to my email and he said it was OK if I post our conversation here. In summary, he said the contract with The Advocate calls for use of Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and that is being implemented in the coming days. He said 5 years ago this wasn't the case, but today, the owners of The Advocate understand the importance and relevance of UL and Lafayette (Acadiana) and are on board with promoting the second largest university in the state. (Not to mention when we achieve Doc I status in the near future.) We are going to see headers in BR, Acadiana and in NO that say Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and the articles will be using Louisiana as our reference as well as UL. No more UL-Lafayette. This was all agreed to and should have been implemented from day one. But, the guy in charge of implementation at The Advocate resisted as an LSU guy, and management is getting this corrected. And, Learfield is pushing our Louisiana branding initiative within its client base that includes many prominent universities around the country as well as several state-wide schools in Louisiana and, of course, the national media.

What a dynamic guy Brian Bille is as a UL alum, a long time resident of Lafayette, and a former Advertiser employee. Great things are happening at UL and our marketing is in great hands. I am so pumped after talking to him.
    If you take him at his word, and I do, this is fantastic news. Not only that our correct name will be used, but that we had the team with the balls to get it done.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information