Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

It isn't going to be consistent overnight.

Starting to say "Learfield must correct this" when the agreement is one day old is a bit childish.

Take a deep breath. We have waited more than 20 years for this to happen. Give them some time and space to iron things out.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

Starting to say "Learfield must correct this" when the agreement is one day old is a bit childish.

Take a deep breath. We have waited more than 20 years for this to happen. Give them some time and space to iron things out.
    I agree we need to give Learfield some time to take care of this. However, we can't let this drag on indefinitely, as has often happened in the past. It will happen again if we let it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    I agree we need to give Learfield some time to take care of this. However, we can't let this drag on indefinitely, as has often happened in the past. It will happen again if we let it.
    Agreed, but I believe Dr Maggard and Patrick Crawford are not only on top of this, but passionate about it. That is needed to be vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

One would think if you are moving on from your home town paper and officially replacing it with a BR paper while expanding into BR and NO markets with the Advocate, that they would have crossed all T's and dotted all I's before rolling this out. Guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of a deal was made on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .you are so correct about the bullets or bricks adding upjust think when we play Mississippi, Alabama,Florida, Georgia, Tenn, Ark and the rest of the state named schools and are referred to as Louisiana.so I have my tickets and preview of the game and someone asks who we are playing.LOUISIANA!!!
    If we play any SEC program on the SEC network, we will never be referred to as Louisiana as per their agreement with LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If we play any SEC program on the SEC network, we will never be referred to as Louisiana as per their agreement with LSU.
    LOL

More paranoia from our state brethren in the east I see

7. Default Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    LOL

More paranoia from our state brethren in the east I see
    .Well let’s hope the name creeps in through other sourceswhen did this happen?

I thought we were Louisiana vs. aTm and Bama over the last couple years?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I thought we were Louisiana vs. aTm and Bama over the last couple years?
    Yes and they complained and asked the SEC Network not to allow us to use Louisiana to protect their brand. The SEC complied and we will no longer be allowed to use it on the SEC Network.

Yes and they complained and asked the SEC Network not to allow us to use Louisiana to protect their brand. The SEC complied and we will no longer be allowed to use it on the SEC Network.
    Is our game vs Miss State on the SEC Network? Will the SuperDome call us Louisiana? How will the Advocate refer to us for that game in NO? Will be interesting to see how Learfield handles all of that for us.

That is absolute garbage! Is it going to be Lafayette everywhere or Ragin' Cajuns?

12. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Acadiana Advocate named official news partner for Cajun athletics

Come off the ledge. Take a deep breath. The name war is won, we've still got some isolated name warriors in more and more isolated battlefields.

The bottom line. The name means more to us than the enemy. It'll never be a Japanese type win but their numbers continue to shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Come off the ledge. Take a deep breath. The name war is won, we've still got some isolated name warriors in more and more isolated battlefields.

The bottom line. The name means more to us than the enemy. It'll never be a Japanese type win but their numbers continue to shrink.
    I'm butt hurt because we get ESPN to comply but they green light a change within the SEC Network.

If that is true, then this is pretty damn funny. School with $100 Million dollar athletic budget seriously worried about what a school with a $25 Million athletic budget is called?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If that is true, then this is pretty damn funny. School with $100 Million dollar athletic budget seriously worried about what a school with a $25 Million athletic budget is called?

Wow.
    That’s sort of the point of why they’re so petty. Remember, this is the same group of people who throw out conspiracies that the SEC is out to get them everytime they lose a game.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information