Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lineup for remainder of season

1. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, unfortunately Lott hasn't found it yet here at UL. . . . but unfortunately our staff hasn't shown the patience to develop players either.
    Lott was not given a real chance last year. Boy I bet he wished he was on that pedestal.

The last part of your post is part of the problem as to why we are where we are.

And on the Cape, don’t fool yourself, the college coaches decide who gets invited.

Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Lott was not given a real chance last year. Boy I bet he wished he was on that pedestal.

The last part of your post is part of the problem as to why we are where we are.

And on the Cape, don’t fool yourself, the college coaches decide who gets invited.
    This is funny

This:

Cantrelle hit only .174 in 86 at-bats over 32 regular-season games for Falmouth, but he finished 2.86 (4 for 14) in four playoff games.

Breaux played bwteeen his freshman and sophomore seasons. He was supposed to play this summer, but maybe you can ask your sources why he did not go and had to go to Alaska. Maybe he was not on that faking pedestal.
    Sounds like you have a beef with the way the STM players have been treated here at UL? But LSU can sign them and run them off by the dozen, but UL is always in question? Come on Vic, some of you guys on this board are hard core STM cheerleaders. While I like Cantrell and his father that played here, I'm not cheer leading for Teurlings athletes like Leblanc that is playing his senior year right now. I don't believe every player out of Teurlings is the next best thing, nor do I believe STM players are either. I just know LSU has turned a number of them away and two of them are now here at UL and one is at LSU-E right now.

I don't care about the politics of it, because in the end Breaux and Lockridge have the opportunity to do it here at UL. If they don't get it done what the heck does that have to do with Cantrell? Not a damn thing period. Thanks

True, unfortunately Lott hasn't found it yet here at UL. Not entirely his fault either, but that gives us two players that were deemed worthy for the invitation to the Cape. As you and others have stated, we have a recruiting problem. And let me just say I think kids like Hannie and Franks could be good if we allowed them to develop, but unfortunately our staff hasn't shown the patience to develop players either.
    We cut kids only to see them star elsewhere and bury Lott in the bench for two years, only for him to
    rake every summer. This coaching staff has its head up its ___. They cant even get the correct roster numbers on the jerseys for God's sake.

I hope Lott gets drafted in June, waltzes thru minor league ball and gets the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We cut kids only to see them star elsewhere and bury Lott in the bench for two years, only for him to
    rake every summer. This coaching staff has its head up its ___. They cant even get the correct roster numbers on the jerseys for God's sake.

I hope Lott gets drafted in June, waltzes thru minor league ball and gets the last laugh.
    Well Sensley did get the last laugh, but he showed a lot more than Lott his last season. I don't think Lott is close to Sensley, he may be eventually.

Well Sensley did get the last laugh, but he showed a lot more than Lott his last season. I don't think Lott is close to Sensley, he may be eventually.
    Sensley was given every chance to succeed while Lott was written off his first year. A lesser person would have transferred that year. I was surprised he came back.

He's a Cape All Star. That's a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Sensley was given every chance to succeed while Lott was written off his first year. A lesser person would have transferred that year. I was surprised he came back.

He's a Cape All Star. That's a big deal.
    I hope he does, he's shown the character to get it done.

8. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Sounds like you have a beef with the way the STM players have been treated here at UL? But LSU can sign them and run them off by the dozen, but UL is always in question? Come on Vic, some of you guys on this board are hard core STM cheerleaders. While I like Cantrell and his father that played here, I'm not cheer leading for Teurlings athletes like Leblanc that is playing his senior year right now. I don't believe every player out of Teurlings is the next best thing, nor do I believe STM players are either. I just know LSU has turned a number of them away and two of them are now here at UL and one is at LSU-E right now.

I don't care about the politics of it, because in the end Breaux and Lockridge have the opportunity to do it here at UL. If they don't get it done what the heck does that have to do with Cantrell? Not a damn thing period. Thanks
    You could not be more wrong on your assessment. See this post from me yesterday:

When a fan knows the parents to 8 or 9 players on one college D1 team, there is too much concentration.

I have championed Lott, this year and last. I have championed Dupuis. I have champoined Loch because I have known him and his family for a long time and believe he can be a good player. It's hard not to champion STM players, there are so damn many on the team. How can we have 4, 5 or 6 playing in the lineup at one time from a school that has a hard time winning state championships? You help me with that piece of recruiting.

I mentioned Breaux because you asked the question about the Cape. I called you out on the Cape because you set this up like Cantrell's got this great invite. You know that is not how it works - coaches pretty much decide who of their players get invited there. Lott was probably championed hard for this past summer because they knew how he was treated last year and we would probably lose him if he did not get invited to the Cape.

Don't get me wrong, Cantrelle is a great player, however, he is afforded way more privilege then any player I have ever seen at UL to succeed. Furthermore, from his performances last year and this, he needed every bit of it to get there. My point all along is that most others have not been given that opportunity and to judge there success or lack thereof against Cantrelle is ludicrous at best.

Oh, and I guess you meant Lejeune - the Tuerlings player coming next year.

This program has simply got to get its ____ together. It's getting embarrassing.

Makeup is huge at the next level. He has tons.

You could not be more wrong on your assessment. See this post from me yesterday:

When a fan knows the parents to 8 or 9 players on one college D1 team, there is too much concentration.

I have championed Lott, this year and last. I have championed Dupuis. I have champoined Loch because I have known him and his family for a long time and believe he can be a good player. It's hard not to champion STM players, there are so damn many on the team. How can we have 4, 5 or 6 playing in the lineup at one time from a school that has a hard time winning state championships? You help me with that piece of recruiting.

I mentioned Breaux because you asked the question about the Cape. I called you out on the Cape because you set this up like Cantrell's got this great invite. You know that is not how it works - coaches pretty much decide who of their players get invited there. Lott was probably championed hard for this past summer because they knew how he was treated last year and we would probably lose him if he did not get invited to the Cape.

Don't get me wrong, Cantrelle is a great player, however, he is afforded way more privilege then any player I have ever seen at UL to succeed. Furthermore, from his performances last year and this, he needed every bit of it to get there. My point all along is that most others have not been given that opportunity and to judge there success or lack thereof against Cantrelle is ludicrous at best.

It’s because the guy that was retained because of his recruiting ability can’t recruit ____. Not sure tony or Bab is hitting the road for serious recruiting trips (though I will admit I don’t know that for sure). That leaves you with players that were borderline and have ties to the area. Go look at McNeese’s roster. Very similar. We recruit more like a southland school than a P5.

I mean't Lejeune.

And yes, how in the heck do you know for certain that Cantrelle has been afforded way more privilege then any player you have ever seen? Really, in just less than two short years? Again, this sounds personal to me.

Let me remind you sir Hunter Kasuls hit the ball very little his first two seasons at UL, but was kept on the field for his defense. Hit hit .234 in 2016 and .229 in 2017, but you've never seen another player receive more privilege?

Let me give you another, what about Handsome Monica? He hit a whopping .215 his first season at UL. He was hurt last season and he is now hitting a whopping .225 this season. Yet another athlete that was given what you would define privilege opportunities.

So yes, it does sound personal and I don't care who you are friends with. Cantrelle is a legacy athlete, his father played here and was damn good. Harris was a legacy athlete, his mother was a damn good softball player. I have a affinity for legacy athletes that are pretty darn good and yes I pull for them over other players. Cantrelle hit .287 last season and he is on his way to having a better season. I don't care how many state championships STM has won, achievements don't always translate to college. I believed Cantrelle was a better college prospect coming out of HS and I believe he is better today.

And for the record it's Dupuy, not Dupuis. Dupuis is my Mother's maiden name and she never spelled her named Dupuy.

13. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

I mean't Lejeune.

And yes, how in the heck do you know for certain that Cantrelle has been afforded way more privilege then any player you have ever seen? Really, in just less than two short years? Again, this sounds personal to me.

Let me remind you sir Hunter Kasuls hit the ball very little his first two seasons at UL, but was kept on the field for his defense. Hit hit .234 in 2016 and .229 in 2017, but you've never seen another player receive more privilege?

Let me give you another, what about Handsome Monica? He hit a whopping .215 his first season at UL. He was hurt last season and he is now hitting a whopping .225 this season. Yet another athlete that was given what you would define privilege opportunities.

So yes, it does sound personal and I don't care who you are friends with. Cantrelle is a legacy athlete, his father played here and was damn good. Harris was a legacy athlete, his mother was a damn good softball player. I have a affinity for legacy athletes that are pretty darn good and yes I pull for them over other players. Cantrelle hit .287 last season and he is on his way to having a better season. I don't care how many state championships STM has won, achievements don't always translate to college. I believed Cantrelle was a better college prospect coming out of HS and I believe he is better today.
    Kasuls had to split time with Antchak his first two years. He sat.

So who else where you going to catch two years ago? I’ll wait for that answer.

It’s time for Monica to sit this year.

I’m glad you don’t care about how many state championships STM has won because it is very few. Cantrelle has as many as STM as of late. Not sure where you going with that. I guess you just needed to throw in something STM regardless of whether the point would backfire.

Finally, you are completely misunderstanding my point. I believe Cantrelle is a good player. I always pull for him in good times and in bad. I also do likewise for his team mates. When I see posters tooting his horn like he is the only player that is any good on our team, I feel it important to identify that the opportunities afforded him have been much greater than the opportunities afforded most on this team and that to judge others in comparison to him without noting such is just not fair.

Now I’m done with this.

I will show up tomorrow and pull for our team and all in the lineup, including the chosen one, and for some that are not in the lineup.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    It’s because the guy that was retained because of his recruiting ability can’t recruit ____. Not sure tony or Bab is hitting the road for serious recruiting trips (though I will admit I don’t know that for sure). That leaves you with players that were borderline and have ties to the area. Go look at McNeese’s roster. Very similar. We recruit more like a southland school than a P5.
    Bab can’t recruit off campus this year because he’s no longer one of 2 on field assistants who are allowed to recruit off campus

Show me where Loch was put it the lineup to start the season and left in "until it came around." That is the luxury Cantrelle has had for two seasons that NOBODY else has had. Everyone else has to produce with the pine riding their butts.

And that, my friend, is not good for the TEAM.
    Even when Cantrelle was struggling with his batting average, he was still getting on base. Same cannot be said about Lochridge.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information