Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Lineup for remainder of season

Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    Toro and kasuls are injured. Lochridge at 3rd. Frank played LF well on Saturday
    Look at the stats of the 5 players who played LF this year. Batting average, On base percentage, Fielding percentage the choice is clear who should be playing LF. It ain’t Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let's see what he does now that the opportunity is his, he looked bad this weekend. Much like he did the first two weeks of the season.
    I agree. Like I said I think he should get the same consideration without having to be benched for not ‘hitting’ at this time

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Understand, Cantrelle should take every opportunity granted unto him to succeed and I’m happy he has even though he has been given twice or three times the opportunity than anyone else on the team. My point is, to judge the rest against him when all of their opportunities have been with the pine riding their butts and with him knowing he would be trotted out there no matter how bad the fail is BS.
    Well, here's the problem with your last sentence in this paragraph. Neither you, nor I attend practices and know what is going on daily. So it may very well be that haven't earned the opportunity to get on the field in practice by earning it and not by default.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Look at the stats of the 5 players who played LF this year. Batting average, On base percentage, Fielding percentage the choice is clear who should be playing LF. It ain’t Frank.
    Pony up your choice. I have no idea

5. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Well, here's the problem with your last sentence in this paragraph. Neither you, nor I attend practices and know what is going on daily. So it may very well be that haven't earned the opportunity to get on the field in practice by earning it and not by default.
    He was and will he trotted out there every game every inning as long as he is on the Cajuns team. It has nothing to do with game performance, practice performance or what he did or did not do at the Cape. It is what it is, but let’s call it what it is.

6. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

All I can say is that because we had already lost the game, nobody seams t have noticed the catch and throw into home that Hanie made in the 9th to keep the game to a 1 run game. He made another catch in the late innings of the second game of the series when he was put back in the game. This guy is a gamer and with the appropriate opportunities he will be a contributor on this team.

Hanie can hit.

8. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Hanie can hit.
    And if given close to the same opportunities as the chosen one, probably would prove it. But he got benched in the second game.

Nobody has stepped up to take the LF spot but if I was to put anyone out there it would be Hannie.
    Danny started the game Sunday but was pulled after his 1st at bat. Did he tweek his ankle again??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    He was and will he trotted out there every game every inning as long as he is on the Cajuns team. It has nothing to do with game performance, practice performance or what he did or did not do at the Cape. It is what it is, but let's call it what it is.
    What he did at the Cape was against the best pro prospects in the country at 18 years old. This is why the scout's believe he can be something special. Who else is on this roster as a position player that played in the Cape Cod League? You see, he is the measuring stick on the team. Which is why he was voted a team captain as a sophomore. While he is not without his flaws, we won't get much better as a program until we recruit a hand full of position players that have that kind of interest from scouts and offers from other good programs.

Lahare .164 BA, OB %.296, SLG% .254
    Hannie .300 BA, OB%364, SLG% .500
    Wiley .188 BA, OB%350, SLG% .282
    Mitchell .125 BA, OB%300, SLG% .125
    Frank .000 BA, OB%300, SLG% .000

Let’s all do the math!

12. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Lahare .164 BA, OB %.296, SLG% .254
    Hannie .300 BA, OB%364, SLG% .500
    Wiley .188 BA, OB%350, SLG% .282
    Mitchell .125 BA, OB%300, SLG% .125
    Frank .000 BA, OB%300, SLG% .000

Let’s all do the math!
    If Hannie’s name were Cantrelle, he might be batting 400 by this part of the season. But we will never know.

What he did at the Cape was against the best pro prospects in the country at 18 years old. This is why the scout's believe he can be something special. Who else is on this roster as a position player that played in the Cape Cod League? You see, he is the measuring stick on the team. Which is why he was voted a team captain as a sophomore. While he is not without his flaws, we won't get much better as a program until we recruit a hand full of position players that have that kind of interest from scouts and offers from other good programs.
    Are we not counting Lott, who made the Cape all star team?

14. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

This:

Cantrelle hit only .174 in 86 at-bats over 32 regular-season games for Falmouth, but he finished 2.86 (4 for 14) in four playoff games.

Breaux played bwteeen his freshman and sophomore seasons. He was supposed to play this summer, but maybe you can ask your sources why he did not go and had to go to Alaska. Maybe he was not on that faking pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Are you not counting Lott, who made the Cape all star team?
    True, unfortunately Lott hasn't found it yet here at UL. Not entirely his fault either, but that gives us two players that were deemed worthy for the invitation to the Cape. As you and others have stated, we have a recruiting problem. And let me just say I think kids like Hannie and Franks could be good if we allowed them to develop, but unfortunately our staff hasn't shown the patience to develop players either.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information