Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lineup for remainder of season

1. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice if Robe turned this thing around so all this bickering could just go away...
    ✔️

2. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at
    I saw your subsequent post on hilarity, I didn't realize you were hyper defensive today.

Your being unsure by what is meant by two types of "can't recruit" is expected because there is no clarity on what "can't recruit" means for a specific individual.

Multiple posters have stated that certain (but different) coaches "can't recruit" without specifying what they mean by "can't recruit."

In one instance they "can't recruit" because the NCAA forbids their recruiting. In the other instance it has been inferred that a coach can't recruit but has permission to recruit.

Thus your confusion over two types of "can't recruit" is not unexpected.

Take heart, you are not alone.

Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This season, despite his struggles the first 12 games, Cantrelle now leads the team in batting avg, slugging avg, and on base percentage.

Last season, as a true freshman, was 3rd on the team in batting avg, 2nd in slugging percentage, and 1st in on on base percentage. These are efficiency numbers, so even though some players are given less plate appearance, and some were given more than him, there is a larger sample size showing he has been one of our Top 3 efficient players at the plate throughout his career, and is leading in those categories this season.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And I’m responding with facts to your CALL. That’s all.

What facts? I already proved that through the same plate appearances, Cantrelle was better. My original post showed Hannie in LF. So why even create an argument with Cantrelle and Lochridge? Loch WILL NEVER play SS. Your only argument should be him playing 3rd over Dupuy. But I can't even get behind that.

Who was in the “national ranked recruiting class” listed in JT’s bio?

Wouldn’t it be nice if Robe turned this thing around so all this bickering could just go away...
    Nobody else is gunna do it.

Who was in the "national ranked recruiting class" listed in JT's bio?
    Moll. BTW, Johnny Rizer is batting .346, on base .435, slug .513, OPS .948. Meanwhile we rotate freshmen in LF.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Moll. BTW, Johnny Rizer is batting .346, on base .435, slug .513, OPS .948. Meanwhile we rotate freshmen in LF.
    At least he got out and had the opportunity to show what he could do.

9. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

At least he got out and had the opportunity to show what he could do.
    Add to that Elkins - batting .344, on base .444, slug .541, OPS .985

I dont understand why so many people love Veillon.

Yes, he has an above average arm but he cant judge a fly ball. He breaks in the wrong direct every time a ball is hit to him. Who falls flat on their back on turf wearing metal spikes?

Yes, he has power but who wouldnt the way he swings the bat. That swing will translate well to Pelican park. Tell me why he was really trying to hit the 57 ft curve balls this weekend over the scoreboard.

I would take my chances with a lot of freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I dont understand why so many people love Veillon.

Yes, he has an above average arm but he cant judge a fly ball. He breaks in the wrong direct every time a ball is hit to him. Who falls flat on their back on turf wearing metal spikes?

Yes, he has power but who wouldnt the way he swings the bat. That swing will translate well to Pelican park. Tell me why he was really trying to hit the 57 ft curve balls this weekend over the scoreboard.

I would take my chances with a lot of freshman.
    Well, can't put all the bad play in the outfield on Veillon. Yes Breaux has made some spectacular plays. He's made damn near every routine play he's had a chance to make, but don't forget about the HORRIBLY misplayed fly ball against Northwestern and then kicked it right after resulting in an inside the park home run (I think it was scored a hit and error).

That's his swing. K or HR, with little else. The swing has very big holes. At least we didn't try to "fix" a swing with 50 games left in a career.

It’s paralysis by analysis at this point, it’s pretty simple. We aren’t very good at baseball at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    Well, can't put all the bad play in the outfield on Veillon. Yes Breaux has made some spectacular plays. He's made damn near every routine play he's had a chance to make, but don't forget about the HORRIBLY misplayed fly ball against Northwestern and then kicked it right after resulting in an inside the park home run (I think it was scored a hit and error).
    Didnt put all of the bad outfield play on Veillon. Just pointing out that he is not a good outfielder, period. Combine that with how he swings the bat and I say bench him. Everyone is on Monica for lack of production at the plate and the strike outs. Veillon has 4 more Ks with 18 less ABs. But yes, his slugging percentage is up .126 over Monica. Robe is okay with that.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Didnt put all of the bad outfield play on Veillon. Just pointing out that he is not a good outfielder, period. Combine that with how he swings the bat and I say bench him. Everyone is on Monica for lack of production at the plate and the strike outs. Veillon has 4 more Ks with 18 less ABs. But yes, his slugging percentage is up .126 over Monica. Robe is okay with that.
    At least for me, the issue with Monica is that he hits like .160 with runners in scoring position. And so many of his Ks tend to come with runners on it feels like. He’s far from the only one not delivering timely hits, but it frustrates me seeing a guy with his size and power never deliver, and getting struck out so much. Veillon is at least due for a bomb here and there

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information