Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineup for remainder of season

Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    Neither could Cantrell for 1/3 of the season. I have no idea what the pecking order is for LF, but like i said, Frank did a great job on Saturday. I'm sure Hannie is a solid fielder too. Nothing against anyone on the team, including the coaches.
    Cantrell has a body of work in college that suggested he would eventually hit, Lockridge doesn't. I would like to see Camp get more playing time over Dupuy at 2nd if Kasuls is out for a long period, he turns the dbl play better in my book.

2. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Cantrell has a body of work in college that suggested he would eventually hit, Lockridge doesn't. I would like to see Camp get more playing time over Dupuy at 2nd if Kasuls is out for a long period, he turns the dbl play better in my book.
    Show me where Loch was put it the lineup to start the season and left in "until it came around." That is the luxury Cantrelle has had for two seasons that NOBODY else has had. Everyone else has to produce with the pine riding their butts.

And that, my friend, is not good for the TEAM.

While he doesn't have the body of work in college (due to a near career ending injury), he did sit the bench last season while waiting his turn. Well now his time has come. I only hope he is given the same luxury as his predecessor while not hitting so far this season. I believe once he gets his timing down he will do just fine.

4. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

While he doesn't have the body of work in college (due to a near career ending injury), he did sit the bench last season while waiting his turn. Well now his time has come. I only hope he is given the same luxury as his predecessor while not hitting so far this season. I believe once he gets his timing down he will do just fine.
    Cantrelle has spent more time in the lineup in his career as a Cajun with sub par performance at the plate than Loch has been in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Show me where Loch was put it the lineup to start the season and left in "until it came around." That is the luxury Cantrelle has had for two seasons that NOBODY else has had. Everyone else has to produce with the pine riding their butts.

And that, my friend, is not good for the TEAM.
    Cantrell hasn't had two complete seasons, that's a complete exaggeration. He's at the mid point of the 2019 season. So how has he had two complete season's at the college level?No! His body of work consist of the collegiate league and his entire freshman season. Now what is Lockridge's body of work before he hurt his back at LSU and to date at UL?

Now do you deny those facts?

So, he has no body of work before he injured his back at LSU and he has none when he was given the starting role out of the gate this season. I didn't say he can't do it, just that we haven't seen it. I've seen an entire season from Cantrell and his work as one of the youngest players in his collegiate league. Thanks for verifying those facts.

7. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Cantrell hasn't had two complete seasons, that's a complete exaggeration. He's at the mid point of the 2019 season. So how has he had two complete season's at the college level?No! His body of work consist of the collegiate league and his entire freshman season. Now what is Lockridge's body of work before he hurt his back at LSU and to date at UL?

I'm talking about at UL. Loch got his shot at LSU, got hurt and stayed out 1 3/4 seasons.

Loch has been at UL the exact amount of time as Cantrelle. And my position is the same - Cantrelle has had as much or more sub par time at the plate in the lineup as Loch has had playing time. It is what it is.

8. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Another example of what I’m talking about is Lott. Last year, every chance he got was with the pine right up his butt. Can’t produce like that. This year, he has stayed in the DH role and is now producing.

I'm talking about at UL. Loch got his shot at LSU, got hurt and stayed out 1 3/4 seasons.

Loch has been at UL the exact amount of time as Cantrelle. And my position is the same - Cantrelle has had as much or more sub par time at the plate in the lineup as Loch has had playing time. It is what it is.
    Well, no matter how you spin it he has a body of work and that gives him the benefit of doubt. Outside the occasional rest which I will entertain for the sake of argument, the discussion of sitting the best player on the team because he was struggling makes very little sense and is a ridiculous argument considering the rest of the team wasn't hitting either.

Lock's stats while at LSU

Played in 12 games (10 starts at third base) in 2016 at LSU before suffering a back injury that forced him to miss the 2017 season … Hit .229 (8-for-35) with three doubles, two homers, 10 runs and 10 RBI … Homered and collected two RBI in Feb. 21 win versus Cincinnati … Blasted a three-run homer at Lamar (Feb. 24) … Scored twice and drove in two runs versus Fordham (March 5).

I'd say not bad for 12 games

High School Stats from bios:

Cantrelle
    Batting Avg. Doubles Triples Home Run Stolen Bases RBI
    Senior 0.400 9 6 6 18 33
    Junior 0.398 9 3 18 29
    Lochridge
    Senior 0.458 19 3 12 21 53
    Junior 0.383 13 7 48

Another example of what I’m talking about is Lott. Last year, every chance he got was with the pine right up his butt. Can’t produce like that. This year, he has stayed in the DH role and is now producing.
    He's getting hits, just not driving in RBI's. He was hitting .200 with RISP before Saturday's game. How is he getting the job done when he's not driving in runs in his position of the batting order? This is where people that look at some stats like batting avg, but ignore OBP and RISP miss it entirely.

Lock's stats while at LSU

Played in 12 games (10 starts at third base) in 2016 at LSU before suffering a back injury that forced him to miss the 2017 season … Hit .229 (8-for-35) with three doubles, two homers, 10 runs and 10 RBI … Homered and collected two RBI in Feb. 21 win versus Cincinnati … Blasted a three-run homer at Lamar (Feb. 24) … Scored twice and drove in two runs versus Fordham (March 5).

I'd say not bad for 12 games
    Let's see what he does now that the opportunity is his, he looked bad this weekend. Much like he did the first two weeks of the season.

13. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

Well, no matter how you spin it he has a body of work and that gives him the benefit of doubt. Outside the occasional rest which I will entertain for the sake of argument, the discussion of sitting the best player on the team because he was struggling makes very little sense and is a ridiculous argument considering the rest of the team wasn't hitting either.
    Understand, Cantrelle should take every opportunity granted unto him to succeed and I’m happy he has even though he has been given twice or three times the opportunity than anyone else on the team. My point is, to judge the rest against him when all of their opportunities have been with the pine riding their butts and with him knowing he would be trotted out there no matter how bad the fail is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    Change my mind.

1. Cantrelle - SS
    2. Breaux - CF
    3. Lott - 1B
    4. Toro - DH
    5. Kasuls - 2B
    6. Veillon - RF
    7. Dupuy - 3B
    8. McKinnon - C
    9. Hannie - LF
    THIS!

15. Default Re: Lineup for remainder of season

But it’s at least the start to a potential turnaround at the plate, where Cantrelle feels he’ll be much better over the long haul because of the experience he gained both last spring at UL and while playing in the summer for Falmouth of the highly regarded Cape Cod League.

Cantrelle hit only .174 in 86 at-bats over 32 regular-season games for Falmouth, but he finished 2.86 (4 for 14) in four playoff games.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information