Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin

1. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We will need big men next year to plug the paint. Whenever Marquetti got hurt, outside of Gant, we had NO help defending the inside. That’s a recruiting issue that this staff will have to fix come next Fall.
    I think we need to get better defensively on the perimeter--we gave up too many open looks and also drives for layups.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Calling CajunMike to get his input on how this season unfolded....
    I recently spoke with Mike, he told me to relay all of you this:

Reason is he gave up posting here for Lent and will also try to limit my visits here in general. He also had some medical procedures done on his legs and has one more coming up next week.

I think we can all wish him for the best.

Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Meanwhile, UTA has gone 14 minutes plus without a FG in the finals. The ONLY positive about GAST winning is our conference missies the dreaded “first four”matchup. GAST not looking great, should be up by more.

4. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Wow. Good point.
    Also, on the other side. I cannot name one major upset by Big Fish in his tenure. His teams have had NBA players, SunBelt POYears, and his teams can't ever get an upset or lose key games at end of seasons. We have got to be able to get at least one big upset every other year and win at the end when it counts.

He had two upsets in a row to get to the NCAA. Both those games he got his players to come back and win in miracle fashion.

Does Marlin make more than Hunter?

6. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

I recently spoke with Mike, he told me to relay all of you this:

Reason is he gave up posting here for Lent and will also try to limit my visits here in general. He also had some medical procedures done on his legs and has one more coming up next week.

I think we can all wish him for the best.
    I’ll confirm what you said about Cajun Mike

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Does Marlin make more than Hunter?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’ll confirm what you said about Cajun Mike
    Also, he wanted me to relay this as well. This is his view on how the season panned out:

1) Limited contributions from the recruiting class is what prevented us from finishing higher than fifth.

2) Our three point shooting was so inconsistent it eventually was going to get us and it just happened to be in the first game. That shot is too big a part of the game now and the line needs to be moved back.

3) Concerns voiced about the staff do allow people to vent their frustration about the disappointing results but will not have an impact on any decisions now. If things don't improve, they will eventually.

3) Concerns voiced about the staff do allow people to vent their frustration about the disappointing results but will not have an impact on any decisions now. If things don't improve, they will eventually.
    Let's reward mediocrity hooray USL

We will need big men next year to plug the paint. Whenever Marquetti got hurt, outside of Gant, we had NO help defending the inside. That’s a recruiting issue that this staff will have to fix come next Fall.
    Yes but next Fall won't help us for next year.

He had two upsets in a row to get to the NCAA. Both those games he got his players to come back and win in miracle fashion.
    Those aren't upset wins though.

12. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Both were rated better by RPI, conference standing. So yes it was an upset within the peer institutions.

Now I do understand his failures against top 100 teams.

Also, he wanted me to relay this as well. This is his view on how the season panned out:

1) Limited contributions from the recruiting class is what prevented us from finishing higher than fifth.

2) Our three point shooting was so inconsistent it eventually was going to get us and it just happened to be in the first game. That shot is too big a part of the game now and the line needs to be moved back.

While I certainly wish Mike the best in the future and good health, I can't help but read comments of his and others that constantly want to remind us that coach is not going anywhere so therefore you should just shut your mouth as the administration is not going to care. This year will be looked upon as a season of excuses. Marquetti and Julien got hurt, We are everyone's superbowl and got their best shot, the women's tournament was in NOLA as well and it hurt our chances to shoot in the venue etc...

It is clear to me that Marlin will always have reasons why we just can't get over the hump. Its also clear to me that the administration will never put high expectations upon this program even though we are charged as though we do. Its for that reason I won't be buying season tickets again for sometime. I will remain following the program though and watching on TV as I will be here long after Marlin and Maggard are gone.

It just saddens me to see that there are still many out there who feel we are at a place with this program that we should be

Both were rated better by RPI, conference standing. So yes it was an upset within the peer institutions.

Now I do understand his failures against top 100 teams.
    Come on. Beating a conference opponent is not an upset. Not when we are similarly grouped. You need to do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    While I certainly wish Mike the best in the future and good health, I can't help but read comments of his and others that constantly want to remind us that coach is not going anywhere so therefore you should just shut your mouth as the administration is not going to care. This year will be looked upon as a season of excuses. Marquetti and Julien got hurt, We are everyone's superbowl and got their best shot, the women's tournament was in NOLA as well and it hurt our chances to shoot in the venue etc...

It is clear to me that Marlin will always have reasons why we just can't get over the hump. Its also clear to me that the administration will never put high expectations upon this program even though we are charged as though we do. Its for that reason I won't be buying season tickets again for sometime. I will remain following the program though and watching on TV as I will be here long after Marlin and Maggard are gone.

It just saddens me to see that there are still many out there who feel we are at a place with this program that we should be
    I agree money that I would have spent on going to basketball games will be used on strictly on football and softball. It's time to force the admin to make a move like hudspeth

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information