Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin

Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    You are absolutely correct, no comparison whatsoever. This is the first year I have not attended a game since that era, even with access to free tickets for season. This is a shell of a once proud program.
    What?

So what if we beat Georgetown and Marquette back in the day?

You mean to tell me you don't want to watch us beat the likes of Loyola-New Orleans and Prairie View now?

2. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Ross Cook was on ESPN 1420. He’s a delight.

3. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    It's not a violation if they don't call it.
    Sports' biggest weakness: It teaches you to be dishonest.

I didn’t attend a home game this year either due to Marlin’s arrogant comments with no evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What?

So what if we beat Georgetown and Marquette back in the day?

You mean to tell me you don't want to watch us beat the likes of Loyola-New Orleans and Prairie View now?
    Agree with you. At same time, tv dictates there is no way in hell we’d be invited to any tournament with the line up the Great Alaskan Shootout 30+ years later.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Agree with you. At same time, tv dictates there is no way in hell we’d be invited to any tournament with the line up the Great Alaskan Shootout 30+ years later.
    True, but we weren't on TV in that tournament at the time either. What is our average RPI over the past 5 seasons? I don't think that get's you invitations either to such tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, but we weren't on TV in that tournament at the time either.
    That’s what I’m saying. ESPN nor the Big East the beasts they became. The Hawaii tournaments and P5 conference challenges are the new norm.

Which leads me to baseball. Baseball today is where basketball was in mid 80’s with a changing landscape. It’s a lousy time to be in a down cycle. Past rep doesn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    how does that change the fact that those 2 newcomers can at least equal the numbers/production lost by Grants graduation? players dont play 40 mins a game on the regular.
    I understand players don't play 40 minutes per game, that was my point. If combined, they average what Gant did in the same amount of minutes he played then your have a valid point. If combined, they require more minutes to equal what he did, then it's not necessarily.

if will wade was the coach at usl.the statue of him would be being built already.that's how they do it in laffy-ette.

10. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Well this gets complicated as Gant took minutes off for rest and fouls. I’m pretty sure the original idea was two guys playing his position equaling or surpassing Gant and whoever filled in. That could become a tar baby

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    how does that change the fact that those 2 newcomers can at least equal the numbers/production lost by Grants graduation? players dont play 40 mins a game on the regular.
    Because, when you have to rely on 2 or more players to make up for the production of one player, that will hurt you in the long run. From a team perspective if you are deep and balanced and can distribute production from past players amongst others it can work out but if you have a core of players that made up a bulk of your production, its hard to get missed production picked up by only a couple of other players.

12. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Because, when you have to rely on 2 or more players to make up for the production of one player, that will hurt you in the long run. From a team perspective if you are deep and balanced and can distribute production from past players amongst others it can work out but if you have a core of players that made up a bulk of your production, its hard to get missed production picked up by only a couple of other players.
    Marlin's weakness has been not getting the team deeper than 6.

13. Default Re: Fire Coach Bob Marlin Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Marlin's weakness has been not getting the team deeper than 6.
    That’s really kind of how you move from mediocrity to excellence. Getting full use of the 13 scholarships you’re allowed instead of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Pretty sure there was something about an Escalade for Anthony Johnson and maybe him living at Jessie's house.
    No, he drove a fancy SUV but it was his (older) girl friend's car that he lived with. It was not a violation, but started rumors if I remember correctly. I don't believe the relationship had anything to do with his place on the basketball team and I also believe that they stayed together after his time at UL. I never heard anything about him living at Jesse's house.

If Tulane admin are reading this it's a joke and we are just trying to protect our best coach from being taken

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information