Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19

Thread: BB Final: LA 5, App St 6

Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Was a little surprised this morning that both Stevie and Foote took the team to task over their performance this past weekend. Both called it a BAD series loss—Foote compared them to a “hacker” golfer—can’t get all phases of their game to work at the same time—said they just can’t get out of their own way!! Waiting for Topham and Jay—thinking it’ll be fullscale damage control

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    We aren’t here to debate people’s personal decisions. This issue here is that tony and bab had personal issues that affected their ability to carry out their employment responsibilities. Regardless of what, they should have blocked it out and done their job or stepped away.
    I'm questioning someone's statement, you don't like it step out!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sorry that my post wasn't clear. I absolutely bought the flood policy, a few years later I sold the property. I don't know if they bought it. Bab should have had the insurance was the point then he could focus on his job.
    Well considering hindsight, yes he may have made that decision. My point to you is if he was not in a flood zone and there was no history of his property being under water, why would he had purchased it? For a 500 yr flood? I guess from an insurance side, it looks different than that of a consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm questioning someone's statement, you don't like it step out!
    Cool down T. Just didn't want the thread to turn into a flood insurance conversation.

5. Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Risk/reward T. I’ll put it like this.

Say there’s a ping pong air machine with 99 white balls and one red. The game master comes to me and says ten thousand buys you chance at the hundred million dollar red ball. I’m jumping on that all day. My risk ten grand. Same game master tells me if I get a white ball a bunch of hungry lions are released with me in the room. I’m not getting into that risk/reward a hundred million or being torn apart.

Besides not believing in 500 year odds. The risk of losing everything instead of losing a few hundred. I went with the low cost no risk. That’s the only way I can explain it. On the other hand I never ever buy extended warranty because the reward/risk don’t matter much, I’m very likely to win the risk vs the cost of rewards.

Well considering hindsight, yes he may have made that decision. My point to you is if he was not in a flood zone and there was no history of his property being under water, why would he had purchased it? For a 500 yr flood? I guess from an insurance side, it looks different than that of a consumer.
    His house is in a FEMA flood zone. It got flooded like thousands of others the same day.

Bab did the Monday presser today, not Robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    His house is in a FEMA flood zone. It got flooded like thousands of others the same day.

Bab did the Monday presser today, not Robe.
    Of course his house is in a FEMA flood zone TODAY!

Yes, I heard Bab and he said nothing that most of us didn't already know Back to the drawing board.

Of course his house is in a FEMA flood zone TODAY!

Yes, I heard Bab and he said nothing that most of us didn't already know Back to the drawing board.
    That is actually a good point. The old maps left his house out. So many people got screwed by those maps.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Was a little surprised this morning that both Stevie and Foote took the team to task over their performance this past weekend. Both called it a BAD series loss—Foote compared them to a “hacker” golfer—can’t get all phases of their game to work at the same time—said they just can’t get out of their own way!! Waiting for Topham and Jay—thinking it’ll be fullscale damage control
    On cue here comes the apologist hour

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    So many people got screwed by those maps.
    I posted some info under the Miss. flood thread to try and not derail this one any further but you are correct. People have been led to have a false sense of co__ort. In this day and age those maps should go away completely and individual assesments be done for each property based on (at a minimum) height above base flood elevation. Right now a home 1 ft. above base flood, which is minimum to be outside the 100 yr. flood plain, can show up the same as a home 5 ft. above base flood elevation. Want to take a guess who has an exponentially higher risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I posted some info under the Miss. flood thread to try and not derail this one any further but you are correct. People have been led to have a false sense of co__ort. In this day and age those maps should go away completely and individual assesments be done for each property based on (at a minimum) height above base flood elevation. Right now a home 1 ft. above base flood, which is minimum to be outside the 100 yr. flood plain, can show up the same as a home 5 ft. above base flood elevation. Want to take a guess who has an exponentially higher risk?
    A bunch of houses flooded in Youngsville, Milton in new subdivisions, outside flood zones. The Parish permitted faulty engineering. Somebody should go to jail, let along lose their job.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    On cue here comes the apologist hour
    Goes back to my point yesterday. The program is caught in an uncontrollable downward spiral. Yes, injuries hurt the team. Yes, bad personnel decisions hurt the team. They can wring their hands all they want. The damage is done.

So where was tony today?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    So where was tony today?
    Jay said that Robe's father had a serious surgery today

Quote Originally Posted by CajunIke View Post
    Jay said that Robe's father had a serious surgery today
    Gotcha

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19

Thread Information