Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: LA 5, App St 6

Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Do they get playing time if Kasuls (senior), Lahare (senior), and Gavin (senior) are healthy?
    No reason to replace Kasuls. Lahare and Gavin are a diff story. One playing injured and not producing. And one out for the season. In my opinion Monica should be replaced if we had another candidate at first base. If you are not producing then find someone who can

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    No reason to replace Kasuls. Lahare and Gavin are a diff story. One playing injured and not producing. And one out for the season. In my opinion Monica should be replaced if we had another candidate at first base. If you are not producing then find someone who can
    I think Monica is still half injured.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Best post this season. We have a RECRUITING ISSUE folks. This stadium alone won't suddenly get players. These kids today could care less about a refurbished baseball stadium. It's about tradition, wins and losses, coaching staff, and DEVELOPMENT [which again, we do not do here].
    I agree we with one of your comments.and that’s the fact we have a recruiting problem. However, in this day and age it’s about the bling for these young kids. They have to have the best of the best to attract them. Back in the day 6-7-8 years ago we use to recruit to our tradition and winning when we played in a older ballpark. We had winning to sell them on. Today we have the stadium to sell them on.

Is Lott THAT much worse at first than Monica? He seems to be swinging it a little better. Haven't been impressed with Enrique at first at all. Could possibly free up another spot in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I think Monica is still half injured.
    Monica’s injury is between his ears.

The question was simple. If those 3 guys are healthy, do the 2 freshmen and 1 sophomore get playing time?

Spoiler alert: the answer is no.

7. UL Baseball Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'm going to get blasted for this but the personal issues that Tony and Bab went through, while unfortunate and terrible, are not an excuse to not do your job. People deal with personal tragedies and struggles all the time. If they become too much to do your job effectively, you resign or take a leave of absence. Coaches leave the field all the time due to personal reasons. They come back if they still feel they have it after things are sorted out. It is very unfortunate that things happened the way they did, but you can't hold a program hostage especially when it is in the most critical time in the program's history.
    Y'all know that flood insurance is pretty damed cheap. When I bought my first home they told me that the mortgage company didn't require it, I bought never used it. Many years later my home was flooded. I wonder if they had the good sense to buy it, or had to rely on FEMA, and the good will of others.

I'm not blaming Bab if he found himself without basic flood insurance, but being a good husband, father, man might require ya to take employment that can actually pay enough for your responsibility. So I'm not going to give him a pass on doing his job in trying conditions.

Robe absolutely has been calling out and challenging his critics. I do agree that we should never trash our players especially at the park. It goes with the territory though. Players, friends, and families need to develop a thick skin or become just another student nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    Is Lott THAT much worse at first than Monica? He seems to be swinging it a little better. Haven't been impressed with Enrique at first at all. Could possibly free up another spot in the lineup.
    Very valid question. Never understood leaving an athlete off the field.

My house didn't flood in 2016, but I bought flood insurance the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Y'all know that flood insurance is pretty damed cheap. When I bought my first home they told me that the mortgage company didn't require it, I bought never used it. Many years later my home was flooded. I wonder if they had the good sense to buy it, or had to rely on FEMA, and the good will of others.

I'm not blaming Bab if he found himself without basic flood insurance, but being a good husband, father, man might require ya to take employment that can actually pay enough for your responsibility. So I'm not going to give him a pass on doing his job in trying conditions.

Robe absolutely has been calling out and challenging his critics. I do agree that we should never trash our players especially at the park. It goes with the territory though. Players, friends, and families need to develop a thick skin or become just another student nobody knows.
    Express, why didn't you buy it? I can tell you where I built my house 26 years ago flood insurance wasn't needed. In fact my home was never in a flood zone and it wasn't needed. But why purchase it when your home hasn't flooded to your front door, because you should insure for a 500 yr flood?

Now after those floods, some of my neighbors homes flooded down my street, something that has never happened in 26 years living in this neighborhood. So now I have flood insurance even though my street and neighborhood is still not considered in a flood zone according to the new maps released.

People can insure their homes and auto's with higher coverage spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars waiting for a 500 yr weather event or the worst case scenario with an auto accident. There are sensible and reasonable coverages available for people that don't live in flood zones or need million dollars in liability coverage for their auto's.

Now anyone that lives in a flood zone and doesn't purchase the proper coverage, they have gambled with their homes and families.

Pretty sure flood insurance in a flood zone is required with a mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Pretty sure flood insurance in a flood zone is required with a mortgage.
    It is, unless your home is paid off which was the case for a number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Do they get playing time if Kasuls (senior), Lahare (senior), and Gavin (senior) are healthy?
    I think in Lahare and Gavin's place, yes, as they weren't hitting.

13. UL Baseball Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Express, why didn't you buy it? I can tell you where I built my house 26 years ago flood insurance wasn't needed. In fact my home was never in a flood zone and it wasn't needed. But why purchase it when your home hasn't flooded to your front door, because you should insure for a 500 yr flood?

Now after those floods, some of my neighbors homes flooded down my street, something that has never happened in 26 years living in this neighborhood. So now I have flood insurance even though my street and neighborhood is still not considered in a flood zone according to the new maps released.

People can insure their homes and auto's with higher coverage spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars waiting for a 500 yr weather event or the worst case scenario with an auto accident. There are sensible and reasonable coverages available for people that don't live in flood zones or need million dollars in liability coverage for their auto's.

Now anyone that lives in a flood zone and doesn't purchase the proper coverage, they have gambled with their homes and families.

I'm sorry that my post wasn't clear. I absolutely bought the flood policy, a few years later I sold the property. I don't know if they bought it. Bab should have had the insurance was the point then he could focus on his job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It is, unless your home is paid off which was the case for a number of people.
    We aren’t here to debate people’s personal decisions. This issue here is that tony and bab had personal issues that affected their ability to carry out their employment responsibilities. Regardless of what, they should have blocked it out and done their job or stepped away.

with ALLL the injuries we have it will force us to “develop” the young freshman both pitchers and hitters. They have a half season to get dirt under cleats

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information