Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: LA 5, App St 6

Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

Last thought. If AD's changed baseball coaches every time they went .500 for the season, we would quickly exhaust the supply of coaches.

Default Re: BSB: Louisiana vs App St

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm not the only one guessing.

I might be the only one admitting it.
    The difference is the ones guessing on the other end aren’t willing to indict our SC staff based on zero facts other than one hitter being unable to hit a served up fastball. And as many baseball fans know, there are several issues that can factor in a hitter struggling in this way that are unrelated to their level of training.

I would be willing to listen and give weight to your hypothesis if you actually knew what Monica’s routine in the weight room is in-season. Because all of your literature is immaterial if you don’t have pertinent facts to apply the findings of the literature to.

I think it is ok to guess or assume that our SC staff has been implementing appropriate programs until facts come out to suggest otherwise. I think it is ok for you to guess too. Just wanted to be clear that was what you were doing.

3. Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

We’ve been struggling for years. Even the year we lost the super regional to LSU was a season that we had to win the tournament to get in. This is year 5 of struggling not ascending.

4. Default Re: BB G3 Final Louisiana 5, App St 6

i think it is, but not sure i would choose it if i were them.... is “app st” their preferred name?

makes me think about the apps for electronic devices, maybe they have a push to increase technology studies so that is their goal? the app st trolling twitters, lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We've been struggling for years. Even the year we lost the super regional to LSU was a season that we had to win the tournament to get in. This is year 5 of struggling not ascending.
    I'm going to get blasted for this but the personal issues that Tony and Bab went through, while unfortunate and terrible, are not an excuse to not do your job. People deal with personal tragedies and struggles all the time. If they become too much to do your job effectively, you resign or take a leave of absence. Coaches leave the field all the time due to personal reasons. They come back if they still feel they have it after things are sorted out. It is very unfortunate that things happened the way they did, but you can't hold a program hostage especially when it is in the most critical time in the program's history.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I'm going to get blasted for this but the personal issues that Tony and Bab went through, while unfortunate and terrible, are not an excuse to not do your job. People deal with personal tragedies and struggles all the time. If they become too much to do your job effectively, you resign or take a leave of absence. Coaches leave the field all the time due to personal reasons. They come back if they still feel they have it after things are sorted out. It is very unfortunate that things happened the way they did, but you can't hold a program hostage especially when it is in the most critical time in the program's history.
    I actually agree with this...my only issues are the backhanded comments about being a life coach, not caring, etc...while we all may not like the current results, the man has earned enough respect to keep it “professional”

Those things that happened to both men are horrible. I don't think anybody got fired for having their house flooded or losing a loved one. Robe has survived multiple sub .500 seasons since Omaha, only to achieve the highest level of achievement from 2013-2016 with four regionals and two supers.

Say, we finish .500, or so. Mid-major Baseball head coaches simply don't get replaced for that. I am concerned about next season, though, losing so much from this team and our recruiting pipeline seemingly plugged up tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Those things that happened to both men are horrible. I don't think anybody got fired for having their house flooded or losing a loved one. Robe has survived multiple sub .500 seasons since Omaha, only to achieve the highest level of achievement from 2013-2016 with four regionals and two supers.

Say, we finish .500, or so. Mid-major Baseball head coaches simply don't get replaced for that. I am concerned about next season, though, losing so much from this team and our recruiting pipeline seemingly plugged up tight.
    It's 3-year rebuild if everything goes perfect I don't think people will want to wait that long with how much they are being charged to attended games. It's an ugly business especially when charging SEC like prices

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's 3-year rebuild if everything goes perfect I don't think people will want to wait that long with how much they are being charged to attended games. It's an ugly business especially when charging SEC like prices
    I agree. Everybody wants everything right now. We need to fix recruiting, sign better players and stop cutting kids who transfer and star down the road. Robe needs to overhaul the program. It is going to take awhile. Gunner Legers and Hogan Harrises don't grow on trees.

Took 3 years to get here from hosting a regional in 2016 and we may go lower next year. Might be 3 or 4 years after 2020 climbing back up to regional host quality, if everything goes right. I have drastically lowered my expectations going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

I choose to believe that we are not a mid-major program. Does Coastal consider themselves a mid-major program? I'd say they consider themselves a major program that is in contention for national championships.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We shouldn't have to have a rebuild after the success of 2013-2016. That falls on the HC for letting the program fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    I choose to believe that we are not a mid-major program. Does Coastal consider themselves a mid-major program? I'd say they consider themselves a major program that is in contention for national championships.
    Coastal didn't just go to Omaha. They won. I don't consider them mid-major either. Just my opinion, but I think we fall in that broad category until we do something like that. We have the potential and have knocked on the door, repeatedly.

They are 18-5 and ranked 20th..we are 10-14 and just lost a series at home to app state. Who cares what a program considers themselves, what do you play like is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They are 18-5 and ranked 20th..we are 10-14 and just lost a series at home to app state. Who cares what a program considers themselves, what do you play like is what matters.
    We built a park like a major program. We charge prices like a major program. We play like a mid major program.

Can't do anything about the first statement. But we can do something about the other two. Which is the one that needs to be fixed?

We shouldn't have to have a rebuild after the success of 2013-2016. That falls on the HC for letting the program fall apart.
    Every program goes through rough patches but 3 probably 4 years of trending down is unacceptable. Robe's body of work protected him, but his seat became warm last year and will only intensify this year.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information