Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

Default Re: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

In her interview this morning she specifically said she asked if her name was going to remain on the turf behind home plate and the answer was, it's sewn in.

I forget if it was Maggard or Savoy she asked but it's like Yevette was answering the questions asked here on RP for all to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'd rephrase that to say, She built it, it's ours.
    What I meant to say was that its hers in that she should be welcomed back. If she doesn’t build it, we don’t have the UL softball program that we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What I meant to say was that its hers in that she should be welcomed back. If she doesn’t built it, we don’t have the UL softball program that we have today.
    Something else to consider. who would be coaching us today without her support?

4. Default Re: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

The coaches between YG and GG should have been grateful they had the opportunity to lead this program, after all it was because of YG anybody around here ever heard of the one who pitched for us before becoming the coach. Instead, they disparaged her name every chance they got. YG did more for softball in the Acadiana area than anybody ever. The other two could not stand that because they wanted to be given credit for being the only people in the area who knew anything about the sport. Ask high school coaches in the area how they were treated by YG as compared to the other two.
    Coach Girouard made a mistake and some may not forgive her for that, and that’s okay because you’re entitled to feel how you want to feel. But without her the sport of softball in this region and this university would not even be a blip on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    In her interview this morning she specifically said she asked if her name was going to remain on the turf behind home plate and the answer was, it's sewn in.

I forget if it was Maggard or Savoy she asked but it's like Yevette was answering the questions asked here on RP for all to hear.
    What was interesting on Friday night was when she joined Dan in the booth, she said she was totally surprised and shocked as they sprung this on her this evening (paraphrasing). Dan was as totally shocked and must have said a hundred times the new name of the combined field and stadium was a total mouthful to repeat. It seems like this was thrown together at the last minute with the wrong size letter "O" and her total surprise as well as Dan's. Anyone know if this was a last minute decision to do on softball alumni weekend or if this was awhile in the planning. Sounds like it could have been better coordinated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information