Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

The 2 people who tried to ruin our program. That’s it. YG/ML park. That’s the ticket

Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

I was hoping Glasco wins three or four WCWS and we could name the field after him

.oh wait, it' already called Yvette Girouard Field.

3. Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    The 2 people who tried to ruin our program. That’s it. YG/ML park. That’s the ticket
    The transition conversations between YG and the Lotief clan would have been intriguing to say the least.

I have no doubt that the transition period led to subsequent actions.

Default Re: Softball vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Worked her tail off. Went to the WCWS 3 times. Probably made about $60k. Probably wanted to stay but got no support from the administration. Went across the swamp and got paid a lot better to repeat the formula. Same thing any of us would do if our employer wouldn’t open thier wallet.
    No doubt, but I wouldnt go out of the way to ___k my previous employer.

Default Re: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

I've had very mixed feelings about her through the years. What she did to even put a team together was to say the least impressive. Lets put it this way. she wasn't the least concerned with cutting the grass. She spent years with her family literally building the field and the program with as close to zero support as you could get from the school.

When she left she did send out that letter but in all honesty she owned it pretty quick and admitted it was a mistake. It certainly isn't a secret that there was bad blood between her and the Lotiefs and in hindsight I guess we can all kind of see that now.

Obviously Dr. A was no help to the situation. She had a an oppurtunity to go to Michigan but turned it down and then a few years later the Tiggers called.

I'm good with it now. Good Lord nows I've had more than a few phone calls and emails I wish I could take back so I'll give her a break on a couple of similar mistakes. Now M.L. is a different story. No comparison between the two and his scorched earth plan I'll just stop now.

6. Default Re: Softball vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    She treated us like crap when she was in BR. Even last night as the color commentator on the broadcast, did not call us Louisiana once.
    If she can’t man up and buy in 100% with Louisiana now, then this is a big mistake. If she can, then let bygones be bygones and let’s all enjoy what was and what is now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If she can’t man up and buy in 100% with Louisiana now, then this is a big mistake. If she can, then let bygones be bygones and let’s all enjoy what was and what is now.
    I’d accept that

Not even sure what comparisons you are drawing. What next. JG/ML field???
    What I’m saying is ML was a piece of ____ and things that may have gone behind the scenes may have contributed to her bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    What I’m saying is ML was a piece of ____ and things that may have gone behind the scenes may have contributed to her bitterness.
    Could be. I certainly don’t know more than what is in the news. So now we have made a bold move towards reconciliation. Is it too much to ask that she reciprocate and at least respect our wishes regarding our name. I’ll not be on board with naming the field but will begin to accept her back. I think others would like to see something from HER as well

Could be. I certainly don’t know more than what is in the news. So now we have made a bold move towards reconciliation. Is it too much to ask that she reciprocate and at least respect our wishes regarding our name. I’ll not be on board with naming the field but will begin to accept her back. I think others would like to see something from HER as well
    How does one know she hasn’t reciprocated? Do we make sure she hasn’t said it for x number years?

11. Default Re: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    How does one know she hasn't reciprocated? Do we make sure she hasn't said it for x number years?
    We put her name on the field. She needs to come clean, repent and move forward and enjoy the legacy she created. Easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    We don't get Glasco without Yvette's recommendation.
    It's in the fine print of Glasco's contract. Compensation to include said amount of dollars in addition to the naming rights to a track of land bound by foul lines on the east and west and on the south by a red fence.

I’m sorry but when you walk out the way she did. When you act the way she did. We are not going to play the Red Team. Sorry I don’t have the same appreciation for her that most of you seem to have.

I’m waiting to hear “I appreciate this honor from Ull at Lafayette. Read Team gave me my start that ultimately led to my dream job “

Nope I’m not on board
    F her! Just sayin’ I will never forget.

14. Default Re: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    F her! Just sayin’ I will never forget.
    If not for 'her' . There would have been nothing to walk out on.

They say Time heals. I guess UL has a short Memory. It has never healed how she treated our university while she was at LSU. Again F her. I'll never forget. Geaux Cajuns!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information