Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Yvette Girouard Field Named for Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball

1. Default Re: Softball vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Worked her tail off. Went to the WCWS 3 times. Probably made about $60k. Probably wanted to stay but got no support from the administration. Went across the swamp and got paid a lot better to repeat the formula. Same thing any of us would do if our employer wouldn’t open thier wallet.
    I wouldn’t be in favor of this cult like thing for anyone. Reminds me of totalitarian edifices.

2. Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

We really need to ignore this fellow. JMO

Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

I wonder how LSU feels about this.

4. Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I wonder how LSU feels about this.
    They have their own “O”

Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

Well deserved and long overdue. The foundation of Ragin Cajun Softball is Yvette.

Default Re: Softball vs Troy

Looks like it was done cheap and quick. Doesn’t look like something maggard would do

Ray Authement continued to thumb his nose at her, and as a result, she definitely acted in a way to turn Cajuns fans off from her on her way out the door.

But this goes back to a university President who actively stood in the way of private fundraising for athletics. Our coaches put up with his hated of athletics for way to long. Coach Yvette had an opportunity to stay close to home and move to a school where she knew the leadership would actually support her quest to win a World Series, rather than tie her hands and club her in the knee at every turn.

8. Default Re: Softball vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Ray Authement continued to thumb his nose at her, and as a result, she definitely acted in a way to turn Cajuns fans off from her on her way out the door.

But this goes back to a university President who actively stood in the way of private fundraising for athletics. Our coaches put up with his hated of athletics for way to long. Coach Yvette had an opportunity to stay close to home and move to a school where she knew the leadership would actually support her quest to win a World Series, rather than tie her hands and club her in the knee at every turn.
    At her H of F induction she mentioned how this (UL) was home and what a great coach we have now.first time she Lafayettes, ULLs, or red teams us.the name comes off at least in its promlnence signage!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I hear all men rooms st the park will carry the title Flush Lotief at Lamson Park.or maybe it's Lotief Flush at Lamson.
    That was the original plan but then Lotief filed a Title IX complaint. So now both bathrooms are named after him.

I really can’t help thinking that part of this was just to give a big FU to Mike Lotief.

I’m sorry but when you walk out the way she did. When you act the way she did. We are not going to play the Red Team. Sorry I don’t have the same appreciation for her that most of you seem to have.

I’m waiting to hear “I appreciate this honor from Ull at Lafayette. Read Team gave me my start that ultimately led to my dream job “

Nope I’m not on board

11. Default Re: Architect of Lady Cajuns Softball Honored with Unveiling of Yvette Girouard Field

Geaux Lady Cajuns!

You can't Geaux YARD, without Yvette GIROUARD

Ragin' Cajuns through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    You know what's atrocious? The "o" in Girouard doesn't look right.
    And, it doesn't look centered.

Wonder if she could have any influence with getting lsu to play us?

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I’m sorry but when you walk out the way she did. When you act the way she did. We are not going to play the Red Team. Sorry I don’t have the same appreciation for her that most of you seem to have.

I’m waiting to hear “I appreciate this honor from Ull at Lafayette. Read Team gave me my start that ultimately led to my dream job “

Nope I’m not on board
    Have you put the shoe on the other foot? She was offered the LSU job. Was she not supposed to take it? People gave her ____ for simply going to LSU. She could’ve handled it better but whatever. Glasco respects her and I believe could have nixed this if he wanted. Glasco is going to leave a mark on this program but the time prior to his arrival is better off linked to YG than ML.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Have you put the shoe on the other foot? She was offered the LSU job. Was she not supposed to take it? People gave her ____ for simply going to LSU. She could’ve handled it better but whatever. Glasco respects her and I believe could have nixed this if he wanted. Glasco is going to leave a mark on this program but the time prior to his arrival is better off linked to YG than ML.
    We don’t get Glasco without Yvette’s recommendation.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information