Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

1. Default Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Riding the momentum of a doubleheader sweep over Maryland on Saturday, the Louisiana baseball team will play midweek games against in-state opponents on Tuesday at Nicholls State and Wednesday at McNeese State. Both games are slated to begin at 6 p.m.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

Default Re: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Herd Jay mention tomorrow nights game could be postponed due to low temps. Is there any truth to that, anyone hearing anything? I was planning to possibly go to the game. But if these finely tuned athletes can’t play in 45 degrees than I guess I can’t sit in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Herd Jay mention tomorrow nights game could be postponed due to low temps. Is there any truth to that, anyone hearing anything? I was planning to possibly go to the game. But if these finely tuned athletes can’t play in 45 degrees than I guess I can’t sit in it.
    If my 8 year old can play soccer in 35 degree weather then 18-23 year olds can play baseball in 45 degree weather.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Might be a safety issue, especially for pitchers. Old school wasn’t necessarily safe school. We’re learning so much more about our bodies in the last decade. I’m certainly willing to be wrong and ere on the side of caution. What’s ultimately the harm of not risking peoples health unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Might be a safety issue, especially for pitchers. Old school wasn’t necessarily safe school. We’re learning so much more about our bodies in the last decade. I’m certainly willing to be wrong and ere on the side of caution. What’s ultimately the harm of not risking peoples health unnecessarily.
    😂 Man, people are soft these days.

I understand if safety is an issue and am all for postponing to avoid any unnecessary injuries due to weather. However, i find it funny how it’s a discussion to protect softball/baseball players from cold but football plays in single digits. The sports and body mechanics are different and I think that may be the reason, but it’s still kind of interesting.

Default Re: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Only game in the belt warmer than Thibodeaux tonight is in boca Raton, fl.

Shut down oilfield platforms and any other money making industry that are in the dangerous temps. I know baseballs just a game, but it’s big business around here, when you pump 18 mil into your stadium you need to play to pay for it.

The temps won't be as bad as originally forecast. I'll be surprised if they don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    If my 8 year old can play soccer in 35 degree weather then 18-23 year olds can play baseball in 45 degree weather.
    #waterhose

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    The temps won't be as bad as originally forecast. I'll be surprised if they don't play.
    According to some here, your a good source.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I understand if safety is an issue and am all for postponing to avoid any unnecessary injuries due to weather. However, i find it funny how it’s a discussion to protect softball/baseball players from cold but football plays in single digits. The sports and body mechanics are different and I think that may be the reason, but it’s still kind of interesting.
    Let’s be frank, the only time a baseball player works up a sweat is training, May, and maybe sometimes pitching if they can throw the ball quicker than a minute. Football on the other hand is an all out explosion for six seconds and a forty second recovery. Yeah your body is building heat. I’ve experienced enough sweat to soak my jersey in 30 degree weather.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Squares Off with Nicholls State, McNeese State in Midweek Clashes

Guess there’s know way to watch the game tonight on TV?

Blame Talbot over safety concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Guess there’s know way to watch the game tonight on TV?
    Doesn't look like it. But I think nichols had a video option of their own production last year, so maybe it will be added later on. Sure hope so.
    I know Mickey U has it, and that one isn't showing yet either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information