Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why are expectations so high?

Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Logic is not wanted here, please don't try to use it.
    I hear the only games that matter are the last 3 of the year in the SBC Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Man some of you have it really bad for Talbot huh.

Keep in mind Robe is the captain. Changes were deemed necessary last year and he made changes. I doubt things ever really do a 180 right out the gate. I'm not saying we get in a circle and sing kumbaya my lord but lets take breath and see what transpires.
    I’d settle for 45

3. Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

Man some of you have it really bad for Talbot huh.

Keep in mind Robe is the captain. Changes were deemed necessary last year and he made changes. I doubt things ever really do a 180 right out the gate. I'm not saying we get in a circle and sing kumbaya my lord but lets take breath and see what transpires.
    Every year someone says wait a bit. And a bit later it gets better, but never good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Every year someone says wait a bit. And a bit later it gets better, but never good.
    This year is off the heels of a shake up. Before there was a push back against shaking up the staff.

This year is off the heels of a shake up. Before there was a push back against shaking up the staff.
    The past 2 years should not be forgiven because a new position coach was hired regardless this year and next to right the ship is more than generous before moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The past 2 years should not be forgiven because a new position coach was hired regardless this year and next to right the ship is more than generous before moving on.
    I'm in agreement with this. Not trying to give the current situation a pass. Hope it doesn't seem that way. I believe we should see improvement this year to some extent and ALOT next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We are not getting blown out. I do worry about pitching cracking from the pressure at some point. We lost Friday without giving an earned run. If pitching holds up a winning season is possible.
    Welp, pitching didn't hold up.

8. Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

You weren't too far off.
    Sweep the hoax and you are .500 on the year, winning record in conference.

All of our stats are way better than ULM and we are just 1.5 games ahead of them. So weird. On paper we sweep them. They likely need to win one or two to make the conf tourney.

All of our stats are way better than ULM and we are just 1.5 games ahead of them. So weird. On paper we sweep them. They likely need to win one or two to make the conf tourney.
    Win one out of three we’re in. ULM can only pass UL if they sweep. ULM takes 2, we are still a half game up. We need to win first game which will put ULM in a position of hoping stAte continues to tank. Could demoralize them if first day they lose to UL and stAte wins.

We have a twenty something game win streak against ULM. Really would love to tack on 3 more.

Only way we don't make it is if we get swept and have Ark St sweep Little Rock

Dad, heard Robe on with Stevie P this morning—good interview untilwait for it.he said that Friday night we faced the BEST ARM we’ve seen all season.can’t make this up!
    For the record, I’m happy with how the team is performing as a whole(pitching woes not withstanding) I just wonder whether Robe has any clue that the continued “Best Arm” comments drive his fanbase crazy??

13. Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Dad, heard Robe on with Stevie P this morning—good interview untilwait for it.he said that Friday night we faced the BEST ARM we’ve seen all season.can’t make this up!
    For the record, I’m happy with how the team is performing as a whole(pitching woes not withstanding) I just wonder whether Robe has any clue that the continued “Best Arm” comments drive his fanbase crazy??
    Well, I can assure you that ULM does not have a guy on their roster that's any better than any Texas arm we faced this year. I don't think he's better than Gattis either.

He has to cover for his team. I get it. He's got a list of "reasons". I'm sure he hates it.

My understanding is that the guy was a pre-season All-American that hasn't lived up to his potential. Robe may have been referring to his "stuff" but I'm just speculating as a counterpoint. At least that's what I thought I heard someone say on the broadcast.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information