Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why are expectations so high?

Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

My question is, we were such a good hitting team under Deggs system, is there no way we can keep his system without keeping him? Why not get Caleb Adams or Conrad to assist in hitting and teach Deggs philosophy?

Bring back the leg kick __ers!!! Then learn to bunt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    My question is, we were such a good hitting team under Deggs system, is there no way we can keep his system without keeping him? Why not get Caleb Adams or Conrad to assist in hitting and teach Deggs philosophy?

Conrad didn’t want to stick around to coach for free. Robe wanted JT and we must suffer for that with bad baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    So you think we should have let Houston hire him as their full time recruiter.
    I don’t care where he goes as long as it’s not Lafayette, Louisiana.

I asked him about Conrad and Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I asked him about Conrad and Adams.
    Asked who? Robe?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    So you think we should have let Houston hire him as their full time recruiter.
    I’ll put it to you this way, I don’t think you would have had to run an ad to find some people to help him pack.

7. Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    How so? HOW is it Talbot's fault now? He isn't the hitting coach is he? He isn't the pitching coach, is he? Is he the baserunning coach? Is he the defense coach? What EXACTLY is he doing NOW, to be the problem with the team?
    He’s identified and recruited virtually every player on this team. His fingerprints, his 🧬 DNA is on display every time a player walks onto the field of dreams.

8. Default Re: Why are expectations so high?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeblanc View Post
    How so? HOW is it Talbot's fault now? He isn't the hitting coach is he? He isn't the pitching coach, is he? Is he the baserunning coach? Is he the defense coach? What EXACTLY is he doing NOW, to be the problem with the team?
    I carefully did not lay any blame upon him. All I said was that this horse is still in the race and as long as he is still in the race there will be plenty fans willing to whip that horse. Again, you have much trouble reading anything posted that is against YOUR agenda. C’mon boudreaux!!!!!!

Asked who? Robe?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes.
    Asked him why neither one was capable of the job? Or was there no room for another paid coach on staff?

It’s not just his system, it was his personality and eye for players that can’t be copied.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s not just his system, it was his personality and eye for players that can’t be copied.
    I’m aware he’s not replaceable. But when drew brees retires are we going to look for another drew or change the entire offensive philosophy. Maybe Brady would be a better example because of so many rings. Why change what’s working because one piece is removed? It’s like coach said” well there ain’t another Deggs so back to the drawing board”

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    He played a pretty big part in getting the players here that are doing so wonderful right now. He is obviously still influential on the base paths as he is the first base coach. Our approach at the plate looks the same as the last 4 years and once again obviously reeks of JT. The man is toxic to this program. It’s been time for him to leave. And I’ll say with much certainly that as long as he is on staff you will see the continued downfall of this baseball program.
    I'm on board with getting rid of Talbot, but can't blame him at all for baserunning. The first base coach has VERY LITTLE, if anything to do with baserunning during the game. Other than the occasional "BACK," there isn't much a first base coach does.

Man some of you have it really bad for Talbot huh.

Keep in mind Robe is the captain. Changes were deemed necessary last year and he made changes. I doubt things ever really do a 180 right out the gate. I'm not saying we get in a circle and sing kumbaya my lord but lets take breath and see what transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Man some of you have it really bad for Talbot huh.

Keep in mind Robe is the captain. Changes were deemed necessary last year and he made changes. I doubt things ever really do a 180 right out the gate. I'm not saying we get in a circle and sing kumbaya my lord but lets take breath and see what transpires.
    Logic is not wanted here, please don't try to use it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information