Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, App State 90

Default Re: MBB Gane On:Louisiana vs App

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    You have to ask, is doing just enough to pay the bills worth mediocrity, or do you strive for more? I'm worried administration is in the prior.
    This is a very good question. Another question is does anybody want to answer it?

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, App State 90

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s a bad loss period. This team has single wins in March. It’s a home game. They just whipped out butts a few weeks ago, we should have been ready for revenge. They shot 50% from the FT line. Their starting PF went down the an injury. Their leading scorer finished below his season average.

How do you lose that game?
    Apparently a guy named Seacat is an All American when he plays us. Averages 5 points per game but looks like Bill Walton when going up against Miller and our front line.

Default Re: MBB Gane On:Louisiana vs App

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We got swept by the 10th place team in this league. There is no sugar coating this one.I was there
    To make things worse, they weren't the 10th place team. They are currently not even in the top 10 to qualify for our conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    -Distractions for Senior Day
    -Half of the team is sick
    -Marquetti was hurt
    -Cedric Russell was hurt
    -Kobe Julien got hurt before the season started
    -Basketball is dead in the south
    -We are the standard so we get everyone’s best shot
    -We won 27 games last year so everyone comes after us
    -Gant fouled out early
    -Officiating

Did I miss anything?
    The APC?

I'm not even disappointed about this game as a fan. We've been told it doesn't matter as it won't change anything so I'm kind of beyond it at this point. I'm more hurt for Gant and Stroman to go out like that for their last home game. They deserve better.

I felt very apathetic towards basketball all season. This loss didn't help. It got easier and easier to find excuses to miss games. I hate feeling like that. At this point, I may end up saving my $400 season ticket money next year.

7. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, App State 90

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not even disappointed about this game as a fan. We've been told it doesn't matter as it won't change anything so I'm kind of beyond it at this point. I'm more hurt for Gant and Stroman to go out like that for their last home game. They deserve better.
    That’s two years in a row we lay an egg for the last home game - both with something on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s two years in a row we lay an egg for the last home game - both with something on the line.
    Apparently that doesn't matter to Maggard.

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, App State 90

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Apparently that doesn't matter to Maggard.
    It’s only been about 5 hours since the last event. Maybe not.

Sure hope we play in a buyin tournament we can waste another 50k that basketball can't afford

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    I felt very apathetic towards basketball all season. This loss didn't help. It got easier and easier to find excuses to miss games. I hate feeling like that. At this point, I may end up saving my $400 season ticket money next year.
    That’s the vibe I’ve been getting from Cajun fans both here on this page and beyond, which is apathy.

Every time we seem to go on a run or show a glimpse of hope, we find a way to lay an egg like we did today against a bad team. It’s like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    That is how I felt when I gave up my tickets before this year. If our coach, our AD and our President are all happy with mediocrity, they can enjoy it without my money or my presence.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You funny. Maggard ain’t got money to back those words.
    Well then, maybe he shouldn’t be here either.his job is to make sure this athletic department is properly funded

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Well then, maybe he shouldn’t be here either.his job is to make sure this athletic department is properly funded
    His boss is the same one your boy Scott Farmer answered to, was it properly funded then?

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, App State 90

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    His boss is the same one your boy Scott Farmer answered to, was it properly funded then?
    I’m not sure we funded, but we sure as hell are spending tons more money now.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information